My doctor wants me to have pph for my hemorrhoids. How painful is this procedure. I have never had any surgery or even an iv before?

PPH Procedure for Advanced Hemorrhoids Involves Less Pain and a Quicker Recovery

In clinical trials the Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids (PPH) has been shown to be a less painful procedure for removal of advanced hemorrhoids when compared to conventional hemorrhoidectomy.

PPH is a technique that reduces the prolapse (enlargement) of hemorrhoidal tissue. With the PPH procedure, patients experience less pain and recover faster than patients who undergo conventional hemorrhoidectomy procedures.

Using a hemorrhoidal circular stapler device, the procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids procedure essentially "lifts up," or repositions the mucosa, or anal canal tissue, and reduces blood flow to the internal hemorrhoids. These internal hemorrhoids then typically shrink within four to six weeks after the procedure. The PPH procedure results in less pain than traditional hemorrhoidectomy procedures because it is performed above the "pain" line, or dentate line inside the anal canal. The advantage is that this hemorrhoid treatment method affects few nerve endings, while traditional hemorrhoidectomy procedures are performed below the dentate line, affecting many sensitive nerve endings.

Click here for a good illustration of the procedure.

I was dreading having the pph procedure for many months prior. Last year i opted for the rubber ban ligation technique and i was honestly horrible. I was told it would be pain free but was anything but. My surgeon was fairly young and she ( in my and my new doc's opinion) was not experienced enough to band off my internal hems withough incorporating the nerve endings near the dentate line. It was honetly a miserable experience. I did however find a much more experienced surgeon and the operation so far has been a slam dunk. Im a bit tender but NO PAIN. he also removed two extrnal hems and even they dont hurt. Im following my basic post op instructions and things are going well. A bit of nausea from the percocet and vallium and thats it. I can walk , climb stairs and get around pretty well. After my ligation procedure i could not move withouth feeing my flesh tearing.  Most of what i read on the web was horror stories. it seemed like nobody has ever had a good experience, im here to report that thus far mine has been fine. Not had a BM yet but even if it does hurt i have no doubt that it will hurt less than when i had my ligation. So far i could not be happier.

pph is not the ligation method. The arterial ligation method is called TPH. and it is still new in the USA. I am looking for that fantastic doctor that supposedly resides in connecticut.