First of all I'm not having sex and I live in a sorority so my cycle is always changing because of everyone else in the house. I've never had any issues with my period being on schedule, acne, cramps, etc, so I've never been on the pill. However, now I feel like I really just need to get on the pill to stay regulated and to have peace of mind if I were to want to have sex with someone.

My period was from Feb 21st to the 25th, I'm on a 28 day cycle. It comes like clock work. It's now March 3rd. If I were to start the pill Sunday or Monday, how soon would it be effective?

I'm going on spring break March 26th-April 2nd, and I just want to be sure if something does happen, it will be okay.

me again.

also, if i were to have sex i'd be using protection.

Birth control pills aren't instantly going to protect you from getting pregnant like other forms of birth control
usually do.
It takes an exact month for them to become effective.
So once you're finished with a whole pack, you'll be protected, AS LONG as you continue on with the next pack and take it at the SAME time everyday, without missing a pill, you'll be protected. If you don't do that then use protection.
but I'd advise you to use a condom if you're going to be sleeping with someone unless you know their sex history and know they don't have STDS because birth control pills won't protect you from those, just sayin.

Well of course, I'm not gonna go sleeping around haha I just am going to be seeing an old boyfriend and I know how we are with each other.