Last month I had my period, it ended on a thursday. the following sunday i started my period again due to missing 4 days of birth control. Will that mix up my ovulation schedule? I still had my next period at the regular time. So i had 3 periods 2 weeks apart basically. I had unprotected sex three days before my period. I had my period and all that, but after 2 days of it being over i have had very small spotting and crazy nauseas. Is it possible that I could have conceived that night since of the crazy last month that i have had with an extra period and missing that birth control?

If you are taking birth control pills you should really know by now that the way hormones that are in the birth control pills prevent pregnancy by stopping your ovulation and that changes your menstrual cycle completely. That works, of course, if you don't skip any pills or stick to the rules about taking the double dose once you skip the pill. But, when you stop using birth control, or miss the pills, your hormone levels drop and that causes breakthrough bleeding. So, missed pills for four days might have caused you to ovulate and to get pregnant afterwards, but that depends on how long have you been on the pill before this.

Well of course I know what birth control does. I have been on it for about a year 1/2 to two years now. But, I'm not a doctor and wasn't sure how missing birth control pills -leading to bleeding again- affected your body or what it meant for me. I know if you miss some pills that it messes up your whole month. And that is about the extent to my knowledge. So really, I was just looking for some insight on how dependable my birth control was for the rest of the month because when I missed those 4 days, I stayed on the same pack and just played catch up. I realize that might not have been smart, but its what I did so I'm just looking for some information now. But, if I missed those pills and played catch up, what would the chances of me getting pregnant 3 days before my ACTUAL period be? Like you said, it could have caused ovulation or what not considering I pretty much just messed this whole month up.

But the more important thing - did you take the pregnancy test? Without that its just plain guessing if there was ovulation and I'm no better at that than you are. I'm just taking into account the fact that if you have been on the pill for longer time, the less chance that few missed pills could have this easily restarted the ovulation - it takes up to few months for some women to re-gain their fertility when they stop taking the pill. To me, the most likely thing is that hormones just gotten messed up to the point when the tissue of your uterus that breaks apart when you have bleeding gotten confused because of the lack of hormones it usually gets from the pills, but do the test to keep your mind at ease, at least.