I forgot to take my birth control pills a few times here and there, and my period was suppose to come on Christmas but it never did. Its been 3 days and I'm kind of getting worried. Is it possible I'm pregnant? Or could it just be messed up from forgetting a few? Because normally its right on time. Please help!!

How long have you been on birth control pills? Missing a pill is much less of a problem the longer you are on the pill because birth control pills are in fact female hormones, just like the ones your body is producing to regulate your menstrual cycle. When you are on the pill, those hormones change your cycle by preventing ovulation from happening which means you can’t get pregnant but also means that your period is completely different than before. It starts when you are on placebo pills which don’t contain hormones but bleeding doesn’t have to happen at all when your body is used enough to BC pills. Did you take the pills you missed the next day? I think you still should do the pregnancy test, its trustworthy enough at this point. Better to know, I think.

I think I've been on them for about six or so months now. At first I didn't take the ones I missed because I didn't know it was okay to take two the same day, but then I read the pamphlet and it said to so then I did with the last one I forgot. So could it just be a bit messed up this month!? I'm too scared to take a pregnancy test :-(

Also, am I suppose to continue to take my next pack of pills? Because I would normally start them tomorrow.

I know how scared you are, well, I know how I was. But, trust me it only gets worse the more time passes. Is it that you can’t buy the test because someone might find out or you just don’t want to know? I think that there are more chances that you’re not pregnant, but if you start the pills you definitely won’t get your period so you won’t know for sure and then it might be too late. I mean, you are the one who knows what were the chances to get pregnant in the first place. I don’t want to scare you even more, but whether you take the pills or not depends on what you plan to do in the worst case scenario, even though chances you are pregnant are small. Just calm down and take the test. Did you take the pill?

Kind of both, I don"t really want to know if I am, and if someone were to see the test I would be dead! I haven't even told my boyfriend there could be a chance. What do you mean when you said if I start the pills I won't get my period and then it will be too late, what will be too late? If I am, I can't keep it, I know that for sure. And I haven't taken the pill yet but I think I will because I went on it because I had really painful periods and stuff. I don't know, I don't know what to do.