I am 16 years old. I have epilepsy and now im pregnant. What do i have to do? Do i need different medicine? Is my baby going to be ok? :'(

if you have epilepysy it is nothing to worry about just go www.%.doyouhaveepilepsy.com its a survey and will hopefully fix ur problem

Congratulations! I have had epilepsy from the age of 16 (thats 18 years now) and am on medication for it (Lamictal, Rivotril, Tegretol). I have had 2 beautiful, happy and healthy children that went to full term I worked all the way up until 1 week before I delivered and stayed on all my medication throughout the pregnancies with no side effects or harm to either myself or the children. I think you need to have a positive frame of mind - you can do this! Just get a bit more sleep in than you would normally (as you won't get too much towards the end of the pregnancy and when the baby arrives!) and you'll be just fine. Good Luck and enjoy! :-)

I have epilepsy when i was 20 and i was pregnant but the baby was just healthy just take your pills everyday, dont smoke, dont drink take Prenatal vitamins and eat right plebty of fruits and vegetables and plenty of rest. now i got pregnant again when i was 31 the baby was healthy too it depends on how you take care of yourself.and lastly dont skip your pills. pills dont harm the baby. i assure you epeliptic pills dont harm the baby.

Hi everyone I am 7 weeks pregnant with second child I did not start having seizures until after my first was born so I am a little scared of the effects that my meds will have on my unborn child!!! Im Taking keppra