is there any relationship with teenage epilepsy onset and eating disorders - anorexia

hI,

i Think it does.
i´m an epileptic, and i lost 16 pouns in 2, 5 months.Just by changing my medication.

LAMICTAL is one of the medications who makes you loose weight.

Check that with your doctor.

Sara

I am a 28 year old eplileptic. I started having seizures when i was 13. a few years went by and no more seizures. The doctors thought it was due to a hormonal shift at 13 ie puberty. However when i was 16 i stopped eating due to very low self esteem.not six months later i started having frequent seizures and have had them since. I do believe that the extreme stress on my body and and the lack of eating changed the chemicals in the brain and I have had seizures ever since. please tell you daughter to not make that mistake again. i have had several disorders come out of my not eating phase which also includes gall bladder disease and gallstones. My stomach pain started right at the same time. Now I am 28 years old and regreting my stupid teenage ways. Dont let your daughter do the same thing i did. You have one advantage. you know about it. My parents were clueless until i broke down and confessed my anorexia a year later and almost 150lbs. Granted i was overweight but my methods are making me pay today. Get her some help now before she requires specialists later.