I had an abortion on November 22, 2006, a surgical one, at about 7 weeks. Had some spotting for a couple weeks, then around the 23rd had a normal period then another one a month later. Today I spotted, my last period ended on the 26th of Jan. Very light spotting. Is this still from the abortion? I didn't spot at all for the past couple of months.

Same person here as up top. No one can help? Since the last time I posted my spotting went away for a week, and no is more like a period but with no back pain, which I usually get...any help would be great! I have a docs appointment Feb 19th btw.

Hi there, I have no answers for you but our situations are very similar. I had a surgical abortion on Nov 24 and was about 7.5 wks. I bled/ spotted throughout Dec and had a period (I believe) beginning on Dec 24 and another one beginning Jan 21. Then I began spotting dark brown blood around Feb 5 except that mine hasn't stopped yet. My period is due in a couple of days but I'm heading to the docs this afternoon to see what he says... I've been looking for info that might indicate this as a post-abortion symptom but searches haven't turned up any mention except for possible hormonal changes (but that info was very scant). I've never really experienced much between period spotting in the past but it seems common enough and after an abortion I guess some fluctutations from the norm may be expected...