My husband and i are trying for a baby, i had my mirena implant removed on the 13th dec 2012 during my period, i had a normal period after that around the 12th Jan 2013, but this month my period has not arrived, i had brown/pink spotting on the 7th, 8th of Feb i thought this was implantation bleed, my period was due around the 13th/14th feb but it still hasnt arrived its now the 19th, but all the pregnancy tests are negative so i really dont know whats going on, could the spotting have been a light period???  Please help as we really want a baby this is just confusing.

Hi Megs,

The timing of the spotting is correct for it to be implantation bleeding.  Normally it occurs about a week before you expect your period.  

The home tests don't always work.  To improve the accuracy of your test, especially testing early, use ONLY your very first morning - wakeup - urine.  It is more concentrated so more likely to give you an accurate result.  It's not how much urine, it's the concentration that matters.

If still nothing in 7-10 days, retest.

Good luck!

hi medic dan

Thanks for your reply, today im about 8 days late still no period but still negative test, ive been doing ovulation tests since yesterday they come back with two lines saying im fertile so im so confused i dont get whats going on, could that spotting have been a light period now im ovulating or can u still get positive ovulation tests around the time of a due period, i have no idea whats happening.

The ovulation tests react to hormones, as does a pregnancy test. You should ovulate WEEKS before your period is due.

Perhaps your cycle has changed, possibly as a result of the Mirena being removed.

Give it another week or so then check with your doctor.

so do u think theres still a possiblity im pregnant??