On Dec. 31, 2012, new years eve, I slept with my boyfriend. January 9, 2013, I got my period. I had it until the 13th! Completely normal period for me. Usually between periods, its about 30 days. Around 5 weeks, realizing I hadn't gotten it yet, and since then I have taken 3 pregnancy tests. I currently am not on any birth control and haven't been since '12. I'm not on any other medications, or vitmains, or what have you. I am really concerned, but figured I'd see what someone else has to say before I go to the doctor today. Can anyone help?!

So you got your period normally in January but you have not had one in February? since your January period have you had sex? Pregnancy could be the reason but tests are usually pretty accurate, also it could be various other factors like hormone imbalance. The doctor can hopefully give you some more ideas. I hope you get some answers. 

Correct. I haven't one in February. Also, I haven't had any symptoms or anything! But wouldn't you think by now that I would? Since January, I have NOT had sex. Recently, since about beginning of January I have been going through some pretty stressful times, so I'm hoping that that is all it is.

Stress is a major cause in delayed periods. Since you have not had sex since your last period you can pretty much rule pregnancy out. If your fine and not experiencing any pain or other symptoms with the missed period you don't really need to go to the doctor unless you miss two periods in a row. If you start experiencing pain, burning, rash, hot to touch, colored discharge, etc you may want to consult your doctor to make sure your not having any medical conditions like cyst on ovaries for example.

I hope all it is stress. One of my really good girlfriends who already has a child, said that if I were pregnant, my period wouldn't have come on the 9th. Plus, I haven't had any form of sexual relations with anyone since then, so I don't know why this is taking so long for me to get my period. Before this, my period were slightly irregular, 4-5 weeks in between, but not this late. Just concerning. I think the more I stress about it too, the more I delay it.

Try to do something to take your mind off of it. I know extremely hard but it may help. If your period doesn't start on your next scheduled time make an appointment with your doctor for them to check for other conditions.

Alright, thanks so much!! You've put my mind at some ease! :)