hi im 25 yrs old, my last period was dec 22-28 2005 and had no sex since a year ago, not until the month of febraury until march. I missed my period since january until march (for 3 months now). My bf and i have sex from first week of feb. to first week of march it only happens once a week coz we only see each other during weekends due to distant work. sometimes he uses condom sometimes he just withdraw. I got a spotting or dark brown discharge last april 1st. The next morning i check on a pregnancy test and the result is negative so i tried it on again the next day and the result is the same. Yesterday (april 5) i have a light brown discharge and lasted only a day. Am i pregnant? i followed the direction of my prenancy test correctly but i still got negative results and i should have got my period. I hadnt check with my OB yet, but can you tell me whats wrong or if I had the sign of being pregnant?

This sounds pretty confusing and we can only assume what is happening. First of all, I want to ask you if you ever used a birthcontrol pill? If so, it could be the reason your period has become irregular. But if it’s not the reason, maybe there is something else that made your period late. Have you been under stress lately? Trauma could also have some influence on your period. You just have to think of everything you have been through the past few months so that you can exclude some things. If anything of this happened, and you still haven’t got your period, the first thing I would suggest you to do is to go talk to your gynecologist and also retake the home pregnancy test. If the test is still negative, then something serious must be going on. Your doctor will know the best what is wrong. Do you happen to have some other pregnancy symptoms, such as cramps and nausea and mood changes etc? You already have enough reasons to believe you actually are pregnant. The only thing that is a bit confusing is this negative hpt. You retake it and then you go to see your gynecologist.

Yeah, I agree with the poster before me that it all sounds confusing. I'm not sure about the timing nor about whether you actually had unprotected intercourse at any time, without the withdrawal method? Lots of things can cause delayed periods besides pregnancy, stress and not sleeping well being two that may apply in your situation. Having no period, negative test can also be due to irregular periods, changed hormonal levels, or because you didn't ovulate at the expected time (some women ovulate late, even just sometimes). So you can potentially still be pregnant. The general advice in this situation is to test again a week later. I'd also see about birth control though.

thank you so much for the reply..
i was about to see my doctor last sunday (april 16) when my period came that morning.. :$
my bf was excited when i tell him "i think i am pregnant"... and ask me to marry him on june.. i wonder what would he do if i broke the news "pulse alarm"??? o.O (hahahaha) XD ... anyways, you're right maybe it is because of stress, because for the past 3 months i had this dying workload that causes my hair to fall.. this is the first time of my life that my period was delayed.

thanks jannie...

I'm in the same position as yourself! My last period was march 16-20th and then 2 weeks ago I got a very light and brown discharge lasted for 2-3 days and that was a week before my expected period also I had no period cramps which I do always get or any sign what so ever that i was getting my period.... I went off birth control in January n my periods have been regular ever since, my boyfriend and I don't use protection either I took a pregnancy test 2 nights ago which would have been 12 days since the brown discharge and the test was negative... Is there a chance I could be still pregnant? Or is there a reason for why I got the brown discharge??

Hi I'm 3 months late on my period almost 4 today I thought I had gotten my period but the red spotting turned into brown discharge. I've been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months its harder for me because I have low thyroid and 1 ovary. Last year the same thing happened but exactly on the 3rd month I got my period I took a pregnancy test in November and its almost February now and I haven't got my period any advise????

Same exact thing happened to me and I have hypothyroidism, what ended up happening