I'm young and im not experienced, so i have no clue how to know if i have a UTI or a yeast infection. I've been dating my boyfriend for about 3 years and we decided, both of us, that we felt comfortable having sex, but we're both virgins. The thing is that when we both tried having sex it is very painful so we have stopped. And so about 4 weeks later we tried again, but it is still very painful. I get a burning sensation and afterwards we stop i still feel very sore. I do have colored discharge as well. I have no clue what to do since i am away from home.

Hi.. Congratulations for finding someone that you care so much about!

First time sex is super painful at FIRST, I am not going to lie, but once it gets in there, it feels much better. LUBE, KY, astroglide, anyhting like this will help and make it easier =)

Are you on birth control yet? My first time was with a condom, because I had JUST started my pill, but many women say that without the condom feels better.

You do not need parental consent for the PILL, so if you are a minor, no worries.

UTI's are common, and easily treated.. PLANNED PARENTHOOD could tell you if you had a UTI or a yeast infection, and they have LOW COST care, soemtimes even free =)

SEX WILL be enjoyable, you just have to get past the rough parts.

Unfortunately this isn't the first time we've tried to have sex. We've been trying for a couple of months. We will try having sex for 3 days straights to maybe stretch me out, but then i feel such pain i don't want to do it anymore so we stop for a while and then when we try again, the little progress we made last time is all gone and i get the same horrible pain. We do use KY, and i had to get off the birth control b/c of my blood coagulation being a little low (not hemophilia). To be safe we've used condoms since i could never ever see myself pregnant at my age, i have too many plans and goals to do something like that.

I SEE..Yeah, it took me a few tries before we actually successfully had sex :$

Keep trying, use as much lube as you can.. Maybe buy a small vibrator/dildo, so you can get used to having something inside of you..

Is there any other form of birth control besides condoms that a person can get at a pharmacy? Another thing is i'm kind of scared of it since it hurts. I want to finally be able to have sex, but since everytime we try it has hurt so much i get a little bit scared right before. Could that be affecting it as well? Are there any other recommendations besides trying a few time to get used to it that i could know?

There are "sponges" you can get, they soak up sperm and kill them with a spermicide, but they are not AS effective as condoms.

There are other birth control pills or types which are safer for women who have issues such as yours, you should ask your doc about them.

A diaphragm could be a good option, but you really should fully have sex first, because fitting requires an full exam.

AN IUD is hormone free, but it is painful to insert..I have one because I cannot use hormones, but the crampy insertion was worth it.

Have you though about other birth control options?

I had not thought about any others besides the ones you told me. Anyways, the advice you've given me has made me feel better about the pain sex causes.