Hello, I'm in my first year of college and only recently I lost my virginity (with my boyfriend since high school.) We've only done it a handful of times. The reason this is relevant is that I was thinking maybe he only ripped my hymen slightly? Oh, I'm so confused! Every time we've had sex it was protected, and he even pulls out at my request.

But yesterday during sex we happened to eye my underwear, and it had a light pink/red fresh drop of blood on it. The spotting continued later on that night as well. I know full well about implantation bleeding (last time we had sex was 12.15.09,) but nothing has gone wrong with any condoms we've used. And it's a bit too coincidental for the blood to show up during the act last night, and not any other time. We were both virgins so it's not an STD. Then I thought maybe it was my hymen, but it was just a drop of blood, and it wasn't rough sex (and it's not my first time either.) And there was no pain. I had my last period the fourth of this month (12.04.09) so that would mean I'm long past ovulation, and possible ovulation spotting.

Please help! I don't know what else to do! I bought pregnancy tests, but I have to wait for the fifth day before my period, which is due between 12.31.09 - 01.05.10

As a side note: My family is very strict, and religious, so there is no possible way I could ask them for help. I would be ostracized, a leper in my own home. And since I am still covered by them medically, seeing a gyno is impossible.

Thank you!

Hi, I'm 21 with a two year old daughter. From personal experience I wanted to lighten your load by telling you yes, you can spot after sex, even if it's not rough sex. My husband and I have sex 1-3 times a week and I do spot sometimes if we go awhile without having sex. We do not use condoms because I have an IUD (and we got PG the first time by using the pill and condoms). What might be happening is that since you are using a condom you might not be lubricated enough. When we did use condoms it was always dryer than what I feel now. What you should do is relax and take the PG test when you can, but unless you have any other symptoms you prolly aren't. Just use some lube next time and you'll be fine. If you are, then decide together with your man what to do, and even though your family is very strict they love you!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your reply. But I'm afraid that now that you mention it, I should have also said that I was really wet. Like, unnaturally wetter than usual that night... he kept asking me why, and all I could think of was possible ovulation? But I'm sure I have already passed that this month :( I'm really scared.

But thank you! And God bless you for trying to ease my mind.