I'm in my 26th week of pregnancy, and I live in Southern California. I'm concerned about swine flu, and It's affect on pregnant women and their fetuses. If I were to contract this disease, is there an antibiotic that I could take that would help me, and be safe for my unborn baby?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Pregnanct Mom

I found this- hope it helps...its been on my mind too

its from the cdc website:

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/recommendations.htm

Oseltamivir, zanamivir, amantadine, and rimantadine are all “Pregnancy Category C" medications, indicating that no clinical studies have been conducted to assess the safety of these medications for pregnant women. Only two cases of amantadine use for severe influenza illness during the third trimester have been reported. However, both amantadine and rimantadine have been demonstrated in animal studies to be teratogenic and embryotoxic when administered at substantially high doses. Because of the unknown effects of influenza antiviral drugs on pregnant women and their fetuses, these four drugs should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the embryo or fetus; the manufacturers' package inserts should be consulted. However, no adverse effects have been reported among women who received oseltamivir or zanamivir during pregnancy or among infants born to such women.