Hello! I am in my sixth month of pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and I am very happy. I’ve had no problems till recently. I woke up one morning and while getting up from my bed I felt terrible pain in my back. I feel pain every time I move but I don’t want to take any pain killer since I am afraid it could harm my baby. My sister wants to take me to chiropractor but I don’t know anything about safety of chiropractic electrotherapy in pregnancy.

Hello! Electrotherapy is not used during pregnancy. But, other chiropractic techniques are safe for both mother and baby. Spinal adjustment is very gentle and there are special positions used to provide comfort and safety for mother and baby. I haven’t heard about any contraindications to chiropractic care during the pregnancy. It would be good if you could find a chiropractor who had special advanced training and experience to work with pregnant women. And of course, consult your gynecologist as well.