I'm 22 years old, and have had the Implanon in my arm since August 2007. I have to say I personally haven't had the best time with this form of contraceptive..The main issue being my periods, they haven't been exactly normal and I went to see my local family plannning clinic who advised me to keep it in and try the pill for a two month period to try and regulate my periods. I had just finished my second packet of Microgynon (the pill prescibed to me), and have been experiencing extremely tender, even sore breasts, just as if I was going to come on...but haven't yet, have had the abdominal pain, I've gained 2-3 lbs in a couple of days, but still no period. I'm a little concerned as this has gone on for two weeks now.
Can anyone advise me?

Many thanks

8-|

I'm also having this problem.
I have been on Implanon since Feburary 2009. For the last 2 weeks I've had really sore breasts, with dark pointy nipples that I can barely touch.
Also nausea, headaches and random cravings at 3am.

I was on antibiotics about 4/5 weeks ago and I've recently heard this messes about with the implant.

I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative.

But I still FEEL pregnant!

Kate

I'm only 18 and I've been on Implanon for just over a year now and I've just recently noticed a tenderness and soreness to my breasts when i touch them, even just slightly. I've taken multiple pregnancy tests and have had a blood test done, and they've all come back negative. I've also lost quite a few pounds and i notice my breasts getting bigger, I've been told that it can be due to the hormonal change from the birth control, but the pain won't go away no matter what I try.