Gas, oil or electric energy?

I use natural gas. It's clean and relatively inexpensive.

Who could afford to use electricity? Obama made campaign promises to make electricity so expensive we couldn't afford it and he has been quite successful.

A few decades ago my local power company began building a nuclear plant that by all financial predictions would have given us electricity that was "too cheap to meter". The financial figures were so reliable that builders began building homes with only electric heat as the best modern way to go. Then came the "anti-nukes". With careful planning and plenty of support from anti USA factions from all over the world they were very successful. Using demonstrations (riots) and making use of the courts to block and stall every part of the process they managed to bankrupt the electric company and push the final cost of the plant that was expected to cost less than a billion dollars to over 10 billion. So that left us with the most expensive electricity in the US. They tried to go with hydro power but the same factions that objected to nukes declared war on that too. They attempted to use wood fired plants when the suppliers of wood for making paper lost their contracts as the paper industry was pushed overseas by tree huggers but they met the same opposition.

Now we have the electric companies building gas fired generating plants since Obama and the Democrats have virtually outlawed coal. That means they are using huge amounts of gas from a pipeline that was designed to fuel only home heating. That is pushing up the cost of heating with gas but it's still cheaper than any alternative. However building a new larger pipeline to help reduce the cost of gas is also being fought aggressively.

electric

first time ever

supposed to be cleaner than gas
hopefully it helps abby with her asthma

we will see
we like it cold so body heat helps to

natural gas, there's a teenage boy living in this house :LOL:

Electric. I don't do gas.

Electric. I don't do gas.

that is right girls don't fart

If you had a stove that was leaking gas you would buy a new one, right? I told my wife I should be able to get a new wife just before I dialed 911.

Natural Gas

Natural Gas 1 hope you don't mind if i piggy back off all your responses today??

We use both gas and electric.

Downstairs we have the old hot water heating system - still works great, and we have a top of the line German boiler. Upstairs was an add-on several years ago, and it is all electric baseboard. Sucks, but the downstairs makes up for the dryness.

I don't even know....I checked the Florida option but it applies here in Texas too. There may be one day this "winter" I feel compelled to put a sweatshirt on...or something....but the A/C is still running!

Liquid propane plus whatever combustibles I torch in the fireplace.
The furnace has been on every night for a couple weeks already

In the house we just moved out of Propane that heated Hot Water.
In the house being built gas.
In the townhouse we are in now--well there are 6 of us in a townhouse, so body heat and methane are more than enough.

Why yes she is. She does the cooking ya know :P

Beans again tonight?

We have electric heat but since I do live in Florida I checked that option. Come about December or so I might have to turn on the heat for the all 3 little ones at night.
We do also use our fireplace on some nights when it is really chilly.
Then we also use body heat when it is to warm to turn on the heat and to cold to go with out.!