I have decided to share a bit of my story in hopes that it can help some out there who are struggling with weight issues.

Background, I have been overweight/obese my entire life, since the age of 7. I am 36 years old right now.
I never ate a lot of junk food, but ate a lot of good, homecooked foods, like meat, potatos, pastas and gravies.
I also went out to eat often. I did eat some junk foods and believe me when I did, none went to waste.

On April 7, 2010 something clicked within me..I was bored, I noticed my energy was low and my mood was less than ideal.
It was time to make a change. I immediatly went through our entire kitchen, top to bottom and got rid of everything "bad".
I got rid of chips, crackers, sweets, red meat, fatty proteins, anything high calorie, high salt or high sugar. Anything processed,
bagged, boxed, canned or frozen left our house. I decided to join sparkpeople on the internet so I could track my food and exercise for free, free is good. Plus I thought maybe I could connect with other people starting their journey as well.

Long story short, today is October1st and as of today I have lost 75 pounds. I did not take pills or suppliments, did not use a program or pay for some as seen on TV scam...but I did it on my own. I wanted this to be a long term lifestyle change not just a journey from point A to point B.

So what do I do? What has worked for me?

Food:
FIrst the dreaded NOTS of my life....
I do not eat any processed foods, no junk food, nothing canned, frozen or bagged/boxed. (Except for dried spices and herbs and some campbells soups for on busy days)
I do not drink soda or juices that have less than 100% real fruit juice in them. (I do have gatorade on hand all the time for hard work out days)
I do not eat crackers, chips, pretzels, cookies, candy, snack cakes or pre-packaged frozen meals.
No empty calories, in other words no fake food.

I do eat:
Fresh fruits and veggies only, always in season and iwth EVERY meal. Each plate will have 75% veggie or fruit and the rest protein and starch.
Lots of lean fish, seafood and chicken. I eat red meat once a month and pork once in awhile.
I make most of what we eat from scratch so I know what is in it.
I monitor our salt/sodium intake.
We eat fiber rich foods everyday, be it with whole grains as snacks or at breakfast.
We will eat bread/starches like potatoes etc but not often... maybe once a week tops.
We will have dessert, normally fruit but sometimes a sweet naughty treat is okay but portion size must be obeyed.
We eat raw, unfiltered local honey everyday with breakfast, it has helped cure our allergies, seasonal illnesses and other health issues.
I drink no less than 8 8oz glasses of water a day...water is a must.
I take a multi vitamin everyday along with fish oil capsules.
I eat three healthy meals a day and snack on fresh fruit and veggies.

Excercise:
I workout every single day no less than 30 minutes a day.
My normal daily routine is:
2 mile brisk walk around our neighborhood
20 to 40 minutes on our elliptical trainer, briskly
40 minutes 3 MPH 5% inclide on treadmill
30 minutes or more of strength training which includes use of 10 pound free weights, situps, pushups and other core moves.

I also mix things up by using our Wii exercise programs... working out in the garden and heavy duty housecleaning.... all of it counts.

I will take a full day off once and awhile but find I am always moving anyway... it feels great to keep moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I went from a size 26/28 to a size 16/18
I corrected my high blood pressure and cholesterol.... they are both at normal and healthy levels.
I no longer have body aches or pains, my skin is clear... I have that glow back.
I no longer want to be lazy and sit and watch TV and I am no longer bored.
I am happier, more outgoing and friendly, EVERYONE had noticed a difference.
I feel better about me inside and out, I am comfortable in my skin,
My personal life in the bedroom with my hubby is out of this world, never has it been this good, but also my marriage has improved as well.

So do not think or say that you can not do it...you can do it, you are worth it.
All you have to do is make up your mind to make a change for YOU, not for anyone else.
This is not a quick nor easy thing to do, but within 2 weeks of starting I was in high gear and have not looked back since.
I am not finished with my journey.... I have set goals and hope to meet each one and one day when I hit my "ending" goal I will maintain and help others for years to come.

Hello daisy33loca, can I be the first to say thank you?

Your personal story is a great inspiration to others. You are by far the only person I have seen that used safe, real effective methods and positive mind into losing weight.

I am 19 and on the path to losing weight. It's not because I want to look good but to feel good health wise. I am 170 pounds and 5'4" but was in the mid 130s range in 2009. I always go on the internet looking for inspirations to help me with my goals and glad I have came across this site and your success. I know I may have to do certain different things than you to lose weight but it's a great start.

i got a question though. Exercise wise, do you take breaks in between workouts or do you keep moving all day? I take breaks in between my hour work outs and I just want to know in case I am making a big mistake with that.

Thanks for sharing with us.
it will really help  people those think they can't lose weight.

you got rid of all "fatty" foods?... dude people die from hunger..not in africa.. homeless people maybe around in the place you stay..

BANANAS: Frozen fruits are refreshing, satisfying, nutritious - and taste ‘smooth’ like many fat-filled desserts,

BEANS: They're low in fat, and packed with protein, fibre, and iron - nutrients crucial for building muscle and losing weight....

I am also 36 yrs old and just got back from the doctor and i have gained alot of weight in the last 6 yrs. it is very scary.. but iam determined this time. my life is boring and i hate myself for being so lazy. but all of that is going to change. Thank u for your story it was so helpful.

Your Story is very helpful. i am also 36yrs old and came back from the doctor today and i have gained alot of weight in the last 6 yrs.

Great story - thank you