I am a flight attendant, I do suffer from occasional migaines and know what they feel like. On descent to our landings on occasion I get INTENSE EXCRUCIATING pain above my left eye and moves towards temple. It feels like pins and needles or like the area above my eye is about to explode! It comes without warning. The intense pain varies in length and will last as long as the tingling . The pain after the headace usually lasts for the rest of the day and sometimes lingers the next day ( it feels like a normal headache like). Is this sinus or something more severe? The pain stops me from functioning and I have to sit down and squeeze my head until it stops. Sometimes I feel a bit disoriented after. I have let this go for a while because the occurances are so rare however I have had Six of these in the past month.

I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE EXACT SYMPTOMS. iT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS FOR ME AND NOW THEY COME MORE OFTEN. HAD MRI DONE AND EYE EXAMS, THEY FIND NOTHING.

Sounds like a Cluster headache. Google it. I take Zomig rapid melt. Just lay the pill on you tongue and the headache disappears in seconds.

I've had the same problem. I was told to plug my ears by a pilot and it actually worked. I guess plugging your ears will control the pressure. try it!

Another thing I do is a chew gum, which for some reason helps even out the pressure and doesn't cause your ears to plug up. But I never tried that! What kind of ear plugs? Those plain foam ones work?

I had this happen to me today while on final decent on a flight to Burbank CA. Very intense pain, flet like needles being inserted into my sinuses on the left side of mt head. I have had this happen one other time several years ago also on a plane. I will try to plug my ears the next time based on this feedback. I am curious if there is a name for this medical issue or if anyone has seen a doctor for this?.

Just happened upon this subject and I too, thought I was the only one to have experienced the "needle" pain
upon landing. The first time it happened I was so scared, I thought I'd have to be rushed to the emergency room
once we landed. After it happened again I just started putting 2 and 2 together and came to the conclusion
that it is sinus related as I have sinus issues. I too, start chewing gum once they tell me to put the electronic
devices away and use the ear planes and take a Sudafed about 1 hr before the plane takes off. Unless you
had this happened to you - it's hard to image, but yes, it is the most horrible pain. But knock on wood by
taking Sudafed, ear planes and chewing gum, I haven't had a episode in a couple of year.

I just wanted to add my 2cents. I too have had this happen..but only on decent. Im sure it's pressure related, but oh so scary

I have recently suffered this on an internal flight from LV to LA and an hour or so after landing had a nose bleed. I believe it's called aerosinusitis. A month on and I am getting headaches and pins and needles but doctor says definitely sinus related. I've had a sinus operation two years ago and the side with the pain is the side that has never felt right since the operation. It is scary though, I though pt my time was up. Never outside of labour have I experienced pain like it. Going to try Sudafed next time I fly.