I may have a Eustation tube problem, I don't know. I have been using a sinus cavity flush consisting of water and a mixture of salt with a little bit of baking soda in a squeeze bottle to irrigate my sinuses.

Upon appling and blowing out, I could feel water rushing to my left inner ear. I have since been hard of hearing in that ear although I do hear somethings. It has now been two months.

Will I be hard of hearing forever?
If not, how many years, months, days whould it take to resolve itself?

If my problem is only water in the inner ear (eustation tube), what can I do to speed up recovery?

Thanks, Pizza

It sounds like you have ETD.

The main symptom is muffled or dulled hearing. You may also have ear pain because the eardrum is tensed and stretched. Other symptoms that may also develop include: a feeling of fullness in the ear; tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in the ear); dizziness. One or both ears may be affected.

Symptoms can last from a few hours to several weeks or more. It depends on the cause. In most cases due to a cold (the common cause - see below) the symptoms are likely to go within a week or so. As symptoms are easing, you may get popping sensations or noises in the ear. Also, the dulled hearing may come and go for a short time before getting fully back to normal.

I suggest since it has been 2 months, you get in to see an Ear, Nose, Throat specialist. Good Luck! I hope this info. helps.

guest,

after over ten years of sinus flushing i only remeber getting fluid in my inner ear a few times. twice it started to hurt so i got antbiaotics and it took care of it. all the other times it just went away sometime i would notice it going dowm my thoat (draining) other times i never noticed when it happened but it never lasted more than a few days. i have it now thats why i found this fourm and its been three days hope it goes away soon :-)

fyi- after two sinus operations and thirty years of suffering from sinus infections that antibiotics did not get rid of a ear nose and throat in rochester ny told me to try this flush mixture. he said spray it in my nose but i could not stand it running down my throat. therfore i made the sullution used a flushing syringe. i lay on my back with my head over the bed and carefully fill my nostriles with fluid. plug my nose roll my head side to side to get the solution to move around in my head. then i carfully (with out swallowing or i get solution in my ear) and (dont blow until most of it has drained then slow and easy). its no fun doing it that way but it sure beats being on augment ds year round just to dull the pain.

use a solution as strong on sea salt as you can stand for regular flushing.
when you fell a infection coming on i mix the solution with batcraban (as per ent)
it works.

2months is to long see a doctor.

take care

x

after over ten years of sinus flushing i only remeber getting fluid in my inner ear a few times. twice it started to hurt so i got antbiaotics and it took care of it. all the other times it just went away sometime i would notice it going dowm my thoat (draining) other times i never noticed when it happened but it never lasted more than a few days. i have it now thats why i found this fourm and its been three days hope it goes away soon

it works.

2months is to long see a doctor.

take care

I need help. After a couple of years of having what I thought was swimmer's ear. Tubes were implanted in both ears although it was just the right ear affected. The tube in the left ear fell out. The problem is after the right tube was inserted I then had water start draining and this has been ongoing for three months now. I keep cotton in my ear until its soaked and then I change it but the doctors don't know what to do. Some nights I wake up with with my hair wet from the drainage. I was put on antibiotics and ear drops to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem. They did take a CT scan to make sure it wasn't draining from the brain which was negative.

If anyone has/had this problem let me hear from you and what was done.
_[removed]_l

I have actually put water in my sinus cavity, plugged my nose, and applied pressure by blowing while plugged. this opens the Eustation tubes and forces the water in your sinus into the ears.

after I did this, I could drain the water out of my sinus. turn my head so gravity would pull the water out of my ear, plug my nose, and apply pressure again my blowing with my nose plugged. The Eustation tube opens, and the water can drain into your sinus. This sounds like what happened to you, only by accident..

I get the same issue with muffled hearing after every cold - last time it lasted for 2-2,5 months before it just went away. It's the only time it's lasted that long, normally lasts only a week or two. Got the same issue now for the last 3-4 days, hoping it will go away quickly, as I'm going away for Christmas and can't see a doctor! :( So annoying this!

Thank you, SOUNDS RIGHT.

which way should i turn my head if i try this? i feel like this is a silly question, but thanks anyways.