Could a tooth infection create or contribute to an ear infection, are these two area's related?

I know that ear pains could be related to wisdom teeth, I remember when I had my wisdom teeth growing, my ears were in great unbearable pains. The ear pain is sometimes called the ear infection, so have you meant on a real ear infection or just the pain? The pain in ears could also be the result of the problems with jaw joint.
I have been wondering what you mean by tooth infection, do you mean a dead tooth or some tooth abscess. My friend had a very strong earaches and headaches when she had problems with her teeth, but the doctor told her this actually had nothing to do with the teeth as these are not the symptoms of the infected ear, but she was sure it had to be the reason as, as soon as she had a tooth corrected, the headaches and earaches stopped. So that’s why I am telling you this, maybe your case is the same as my friend’s.

I recently had some pain in a few teeth. They definately had issues, but I didn't know how much.

I went and had a filling fixed for one tooth, and planned treatment for another, but afterwards my pain actually increased but changed. The teeth still hurt, but the pain had spread to the gums, and felt like it was radiating between the top and bottom teeth, which doesn't make much sense. This pain kept me up through the night, woke me up if I did fall asleep, just awful.

I couldn't tell the dentist exactly which tooth hurt because I just *hurt* a lot at the base of the teeth, and it felt like it was in my gums and bone or something. Dentist found that my teeth were actually quite healthy and well. No help for the pain.

Then I read that it might be a sinus infection causing this radiating pain. I'd had a head cold starting right around going to the dentist, and if I tilted my head a certain way, I felt like something in my head/sinus/ear area was draining and shifting and the pain would ease a little. The pressure behind my nose would also ease a little.

I went to the doctor, she felt like it was a sinus infection, gave me antibiotics, and the next morning I woke with no pain! After moving around a bit pain came back, but after a few days of antibiotics I could stop taking pain killers. A few more days and I felt normal.

Point is that my sinus infection pain was also in my gums and felt like it was in my teeth as well. Prior to this, there was a lot of pressure in my ears, and the familiar sinus headache higher up. Some sinus cavities are close to the teeth and the pain definately connects.

Tooth infections can spread, but my understanding is they would be pretty serious to reach the ears. The infection would have to spread out of the tooth into the surrounding tissue, and then further to the ears.

What I had when toothache strike me almost everything. My face, include my ears, eyes, are all in pain. I guess there is nerve connection in that area.

Patty

The nerves of the face are all so close together, that sometimes when the pain is severe the brain confuses the signals being sent. I had my wisdom teeth removed and all four dry socketed, but it took me over a day to realize what had happened because it felt like a severe head/sinus ache. This is what my father, a general dentist, and my oral surgeon both told me on separate occasions (if I had listened to Dad the first time I would have saved myself about 18 hours of the most intense pain of my life).

I think there is a relation between tooth infection and some sort of symptom in the ears. I have a tooth with persistent infection that has caused myoclonus in my ear. I've read that an infection can cause myoclonus anywhere in the body. My dentist said that such symptoms can indeed occur.

Im also in really bad pain right now and cant find any way to help it. My tooth broke on my bottom left side and is also causeing me ear problems. Taking ear Ring Relief but no signs of it letting up anytime soon. Went to the Sharp hospital in Murrietta Caliornia and the doctor said I didn't need antibiotics I wasn't getting a infection but heres some Vicodin for the pain typical doctor two days later.. ear infection and more tooth pain :$

Yes the infection can travel from the tooth into the sinuses which also affects the ear.
Teeth and ear are correlated with each other.

sammbon 83,i would like to know if all these symptoms are caused by wisdom tooth.

1)clicking sound ard the ear and head
2)pressure on the throat like as if you're having mucus
3)sharp ear pain
4)sharp nerve pain from the head to where the wisdom tooth is growing

i just had my wisdom tooth removed recently. i was given 2 types of antibiotics as the dentist thinks it might be due to infection.i just paranoid about the condition.there has been slight improvemnt on my headache as like time i used to have tension headache and sometimes i felt like a tightness on my nerve from the left to right side of my head.

after the wisdom tooth was removed,i'm still having ear pain and as if there's mucus on my throat.sometimes i feel there's a tightness on the right and left side of the brain however it was like the pain i had last time where i was able to feel the connection of both nerves.

will the pain go away as it heals?besides,when i went to the dentist,she told me that my gum around the wisdom tooth was swollen.

I have a ear infection and it feels like its in my teath

having same prob went 2 dentist n he said my teeth look good going 2 dr tom. 2 c if its a sinus infection ty 4 ur help

The teeth can cause a lot of weird things. I use to get hives all over my body and they drove me crazy. I went to Allergists and they really did not find any thing other than I had a slight allergy to beer... well that wasn't going to be fixed anytime soon. Anyway, to make along story short, I got all my teeth fixed and Bingo!, no more hives. Every now and then I would get a small outbreak and then I would go to the dentist and sure enough, I had either and infection or a cavity. Got the teeth fixed and everything has been great.... Good luck with your problem!

That is exactly right .

This is exactly what I am experiencing! I can't pinpoint the tooth because it jumps around from top to bottom and feels like it is mostly at the base near the gums. Then recently it feels like my jawbone, I have an ear aches and sinus pressure so I am thinking that is what is causing my tooth pain. I had a head cold and believe it turned into a sinus infection but I never went to the doctor for antibiotics which is probably what I need. I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and told them about my pain but wanted to wait to see what was causing it before I ripped into a massive dental bill and unnecessary procedures. The pain at times can be excruciating and I have been popping motrin every couple of hours. This sounds just like my dilemma!

Pain is often referred between the lower teeth and the ear. If you had a bad tooth infection then started to have pain and fluid in your ear a couple of days later.  Sometimes it can make your ear hurt, if you have a toothache. You may also get pain in your lower molars, if you have a toothache.

To avoid this situation, please see a dentist and take care of this situation. It will not get better by own self.