My throat started hurting on saturday afternoon. Just a simple sore throat. Then on Sunday afternoon, my throat started hurting really bad that I felt like I was swallowing pins and needles. Great I thought, Now i have strep and need to get antibiotics. I went to the dr. today (mon) and they tested me for strep but it came back negative. It feels the same compared to when I had strep a few years ago. The dr. told me to keep talking advil every 4 hours and some throat tablets that contain antiseptic and dissolve in your mouth. Nothing is working and now its night and I have a slight fever, I am achy and tired, I have a headache, and my ears feel like someone is pushing right against the tragus. It still hurts to swallow. The only thing that helps for a few minutes is drinking some soup or tea with honey. My nose is slightly running but it is not stuffed up (yet). I'm debating on ribbing my throat out unless anyone else has an idea on how to cure me. Help! Thanks

Hi there, it sounds to me like you definitely have some sort of allergy or sore throat, and what helps best is gargling salt water if you are having issues. Have you tried that before?

I have the same exact symptoms, and was told it was strep negative. The dr. gave me liquid steroids which helped the symptoms, but once it wore off it still hurts the same. I don't know what to do!

Exact same problem. 2 tests, both negative, on 2 different antibiotics and my throat is getting worse. When i shine a light down my throat i see white spots everywhere and its so red its agonizing to even look at. I've resorted to taking narcotics to just be able to drink fluids. Scary feeling since they don't know what it is.

oh my gawd i am so happy to post this and share the good news on how i was cured. i bought a gargle solution, an oral antiseptic, called OROFAR-L (Benzoxonium Cl Lidocaine HCl) and i gargled it once before bed and when i woke up, pain was gone 90% and then gargled again 2 more times inthe middle of the day and then another timebefore bed. today, i am cured! i live in thephilippines so i hope u find this same kind of gargle solution! magic!!

I have been going through the same thing for a month! i have been to my regular dr. 4 times and the ENT twice. they are not giving me any answers. its not strep. the ENT put me on 14 days of an antibiotic thats for bacterial infections and 5 days of steroids. it didnt help at all. now she has put me on another 14 dyas of the same antibiotic and 7 days of steroids. I am miserable!!! my throat had puss pockets all over it. i can hardly swallow. i went to see my regular dr. 2 days ago and he said wow you have lost 24 pounds in a month! yea i wonder why, i cant freaking eat!!!!! im so frustrated.

Have they tested you for Mono

I have Same Problem .... before... It solves after i drink Apple Cider Vinegar solution...

1 teaspoon of ACV with water & salt and gargle before drinking this magic potion

1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of Apple cider Vinegar
Lemon (optional)
Honey (optional)
Mix it and Drink! 3 times a day

if you start by morning..
at night soar throats gone

FYI antibiotics didnt work for 2days it just got worst, so i search more option and found this

I had Same thing

Thats been happening to me continuously since I was a teenager. They could never figure it out either.

I get this all of the time. If you gargle mouth wash with a high content of alcohol (Listerene, ect.) it will temporarily remove the pain. When you do it a few times a day, it’ll feel much better, and over time it will go away.

That happened to me..it felt like I was swallowing a bunch of needles..every time I gulped. It ended up that I had an abscess tooth. I would check with your dentist, he can do a full oral exam, and X-rays. If that fails..go to an ear, mouth and throat specialist..they will put a camera down your throat to see what the cause is... Good Luck!

It could be a mild form of tonsillitis. And goes away in 10 days.

To all i have this pins and needles feeling a lot and have put it down to heart burn because chewing a rennie or tumms takes it away.