I have had herpes for 4 years now, I take 800 mg of acyclovir every day. My boyfriend and I had unprotected se for the first time last night, he is aware of the risks. I have no symptoms, how likely is it that he has contracted it from me?

personally i would think the risk would be minamal since the virus is inactive at the moment and you are asymptomatic, you can only catch the herpes virus when it is active so your boyfriend should be fine ,just make sure you never have unprotected sex when the virus is active or you feel a bout coming on, this also relates to oral sex to my sister has been through the exat same thing and it has noew become second nature to her and her boyfriend and her bout of herpes have lessond since she has relaxed about it, hope you find this helpfull.

You can definitely pass it on when you are asymptomatic. Do some more research and you can get a better answer regarding the likelihood.