Hi, I am 25 years old male, diagnosed with genital herpes. I have a girlfriend, but we didn’t have sex yet. I don’t know anything about herpes transmission, and I would appreciate some information about it. Could I infect my girlfriend if I slept with her?

Yes, you could! Do not have sex until you cure genital herpes completely. Don’t even have a close contact with your girlfriend, because it can be transmitted through a simple skin to skin contact. It is enough that your contagious area comes to contact with a tiny break in her skin. It usually happens on the mouth and genitals, because the skin on the other parts of a body is too thick, and it’s hard for virus to go through. There are even cases when people got herpes from towels and toilet seat. This should only make you realize how easily it is transmitted. Many people are unaware that they have herpes, just because they have no obvious symptoms. This is a common reason for transmission, because people are not aware that there is something wrong with them.

i think maybe somebody misused the word cure for genital herpes. there is no cure. there is less of a chance of spreading the virus when you don't have an outbreak, but that's just another way of saying you're playing the odds. just like a cold, some people can experience the feeling they are getting an outbreak before they get one. if your body is one of many people whose is like this, you will likely be able to feel right before you have an outbreak. whether you are sniffly, or your skin is irritable. however, don't put your stock all in intuition, and don't go looking for symptoms from paranoia. and if you decide to have oral sex, please don't forge the saran wrap.