Can you tell me what causes herpes simplex infection? Just one day I felt burning and itching on my upper lips and few hours later outbreak appeared. I thought it w as cold sore, but I wanted to check with physician to be sure. She said that is herpes simplex 1 infection. How I’ve got herpes???

Well, herpes simplex causes a virus, herpes simplex 1 (HSV 1. I remember when I was little my sister had it…like all the time. I know she was also in fog, because they could find out what triggers her outbreaks. Some people are triggered by sunlight, fever, physical or emotional stress; hormonal changes such as pregnancy or menstruation, or certain foods and drugs seem to reactivate the virus.

I came to this web site only to share something with anyone suffering from itchy, burning, and swollen lips. I believe I do have oral herpes, and acyclovir helped at one point, but the symptoms continued to come back and they were almost unbearable. One day I tried some lip gloss I had from Avon - it's called "Plump Pout". It's the kind that is supposed to plump up your lips. Well for me, it was a miracle treatment. I had gone for over 2 months with my lips burning, itching, and swelling frequently. This stuff felt really good on my lips, and I kept using it for a couple of days, and for the first time in over 2 months the symptoms are gone. I have never posted anything on any website before, but I am hoping this could help someone. I also woke up during the night in terrible pain from my lips. I have no idea what the ingredient is in this lip gloss, but it's something that's notin anything else I have tried. I have used Zovirax and Abreeva, and both of those only relieved the symptoms for a few minutes. This stuff actually made me better. I went on line and bought a bunch (they have some for $2.99 right now) just so I'll have it when this "beast" comes back. I have been miserable.