I’m pretty sure my girlfriend has herpes. She constantly complains about little sores on her private parts and refuses to have sex. These episodes are very often and I really thing that it is genital herpes, but I don’t know how to tell her that those symptoms are not just something you can joke about. I’m sure she’ll refuse to visit doctor and tell him about it since she’ll be embarrassed and mad at me for telling her to go there. What to do?

Your concern could be just because the symptoms you described can direct to herpes. It is essential that your girlfriend goes to a specialist who’ll determine if it really is herpes using the method called viral culture. Try to convince her to do to a gynaecologist since she can easily transmit the virus to you. In your future sex life you’ll have to be very careful in order to prevent your infection (the best thing for you is to get checked too, it is possible that she already gave you the virus). If you are not infested and she is, you should discus the methods for protection. Avoid any kind of sex (penetration, oral sex) when she has an outbreak (although outbreaks can happen without the usual symptoms) because it makes the risk of getting it higher and also because her sores will heal slower. If her outbreaks are as often as you say, the doctor will prescribe acyclovir pills to be taken daily for a longer period of time, which should lessen the frequency of outbreaks on the long run.