I have lupus. I know that this leaves me more vulnerable to all kinds of conditions, but judging by the symptoms (I think we all know what herpes looks like) I have now got genital herpes. I really need this to go away. It makes me feel dirty, though I know the the HPV virus can spread easily from the mouth or hands to the genitals. Is there anything lupus friendly I can do to rid myself of the herpes?

Hello there marieann1994,

Unfortunately you will need to go to see your doctor. first of all having lupus is very hard so you are aware of the fact that you need to take care of yourself way better than you did before. Second of all you are aware that HPV virus is easily spread but the most common way of getting it is usually unprotected sex. So if you had unprotected sex you need to inform your partner as well.

You will need to do tests to determine which type of HPV you have so your doctor can set treatment therapy for you. I hope that you will manage to control this and be more careful in the future.

I am looking to see if any studies have been done to see the connection between genital herpes and lupus SLE? My spouse contracted herpes and transmitted it to me in 2011. My reaction to the virus was very intense, painful and systemic. My gut was ripping apart it felt like, cold sweats and extreme fatigue. That’s what led to my testing for herpes that was positive. Then 2 years later I was diagnosed with lupus. i believe the impact of the virus triggered the autoimmune in my body. I know the link for Epstein-Barr and a few more. Where is the data on sexually transmitted herpes and lupus?