i have an inverted uterus. I dont know how that happed if it was when i had my child 11 years ago.Its still inverted.Is that something that i can live with like that or do i have to correct it as soon as possible.?Im fine i just heard that from my urologist.

As far as I know uterine inversion is a medical emergency and it happens during/after delivery. It seems to me you’re one of the rare cases.
What did your urologist say?

My sister suffered from it after her first delivery and she was “fixed” straight after the delivery. Three years after, she had another vaginal delivery with no complications what so ever.
The thing with inverted uterus is that it can cause bleeding and even worse-shock. What happens is that the placenta doesn’t separate normally and during the efforts to extract it, uterus can turn inside out and come through the cervix or outside the vagina. This causes severe pain. If it’s not possible to bring it back manually, then the surgeon can perform an operation.

I can’t believe that it wasn’t noticed straight after delivery in your case. Haven’t you had any problems? So many things could have gone wrong.

What did the doc suggest?

my gyno told me that i have an inverted uterus also. she said that it's no big deal. that it just means it 'slants' the opposite way than usual (like, back to front instead of vice versa). she said it's fairly common. she didn't say anything about fixing it. she said i shouldn't worry but that 'it's someting that i should know"...maybe that means it can be important when/if it comes to pregnancy time, but she didn't seem concerned at all...

that's all i've got but hopefully it giev you a little info to go off of or to compare to...

I have an inverted uterus also plus a polycystic ovary, my OB advise me to take contraceptive pills to cure the polycystic ovary but I need more info about the inverted position of my ovary, I am not yet a mom I am still single and I am wondering what are the possible causes of this..

I think there is some confusion here between an "inverted" and "retroverted" uterus.

An inverted uterus is a uterus that actually partially descends into the vaginal canal during child birth. This is an emergency situation.

A retrovered uterus is one that is tilted backwards, instead of forwards. It usually causes no symptoms, is genetic and is similar to being left-handed. It is usually not a medical problem.

Hi to anyone who is concerned with this condition. I have had two children both born healthy, no problems through pregnancy and at birth, also I conceived very quickly.. I only found out through an ultrascan early this week I had an inverted uterus. Hope this helps someone.

Dawn

I actually had an inverted uterus- and it flipped inside out. Trust me- there is no possible way you could live like that. It is hanging down into your vaginal canal. Definitely different than the retroverted or slanted uterus- which can not affect you at all. I nearly had a full hysterectomy and went to ICU and through 14 bags of blood- not a pleasant thing!

Im 17 years old and for the longest time i had re occuring cysts and ovarian pain. a good OB finally told me i have an INVERTED unterus. and that the lining of it is leaking and it caused me to encounter endometriosis. i understand endometriosis is genetical because my mother suffered from it resulting in a hysterectomy. i have had my endometriosis removed and things are semi normal he put me on seasonique to help slow the growth. i just dont understand how it happened. he says there is nothing wrong but other people say it will be hard to conceive. i constantly have back pains because thats where my uterus is sitting, should i look into talking to another doctor?

This isn't true. It causes you no problems at all. Miia you are thinking of a prolapsed womb.

Miia is correct in her medical term inverted uterus and the decription of this medical emergency which she has wrote about , this inverted uterus birth happens almost immediatley after giving birth and happened to myself and this is the medical term Inverted Uterus Birth, prolapsed is another post pregnancy term which occurs some time after delivery.

I think there is a misunderstanding. My uterus inverted after I had my first child. It was extremely painful and very scary for everyone involved. It's very rare- happens in 1 in 2000 pregnancies. My dr had only seen it once before and he's been in practice for over 35 yrs. I know when mine inverted everyone was terrified- they rushed me to surgery right away (didnt even have time to tell me what was happening) and I lost 1/3 of my blood. I know your uterus can be tilted but in no way can you ever live with an inverted uterus. And women who want to have babies at home- youre stupid!!! If your uterus inverts you'll die Even before the emts get there... The amount of blood lose is mind blowing!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
here is a website with causes symptoms treatment and all that on inverted uterus

Have just read all these posts and terms and definitions seem to have gotten a bit mixed up. Everyone here seems to actually be referring to 'three' different issues.

1. Retroverted uterus - this means the uterus is tilting to the back instead of towards the front.

2. Inverted uterus - this seems to be causing the most confusion. This means your uterus is either upside down or in the wrong position. This is the condition that I actually have (is quite common) and I can definitely say that this has never caused me issues. I have already had two children and am now pregnant with my third. The sonographer stated very clearly that it will not cause any issues with my pregnancy and the uterus will usually turn up the right way as the pregnancy progresses. There are no serious risks with this condition.

3. Uterine inversion - This is the serious one that people seem to get confused with 'inverted uterus'. They are completely different and this condition is a direct complication related to the childbirth. It is when the uterus is still attached to the placenta and as a result comes down the birth canal when the placenta is delivered. This is obviously not a good thing!!!

I hope this helps clarify any confusion and for all those women out there who have an inverted uterus ... don't worry, it's not serious.
:-P

hey im new on here and i am going through my first successful pregnancy, and i was told by my doctor that i have an inverted uterus. He like so many others informed me that it is not a major issue, but then i did research and found this; i dont know how much help it is but it is the biggest help to me so far.

The uterus is most commonly inverted when too much traction is applied to the umbilical cord in an attempt to deliver the placenta. Excessive pressure on the fundus during delivery of the placenta, a flaccid uterus, or placenta accreta (abnormally adherent placenta) can contribute
Treatment

* Manual reduction

Treatment is immediate manual reduction by pushing up on the fundus until the uterus is returned to its normal position. If the placenta is still attached, the uterus should be replaced before the placenta is removed. Because of discomfort, IV analgesics and sedatives or a general anesthetic are sometimes needed.

If attempts to return the uterus are unsuccessful, a laparotomy may be necessary; the fundus is manipulated vaginally and abdominally to return it to its normal position. Once the uterus is in place, an oxytocin infusion should be started.

%-) so less people have problems on things i googled inverted uterus and I'm going to post a couple of the websites that i found on here so people can read what the websites say bout it. i will also do the same for the others if someone requests it i just want this to be as clear and not confusing as possible.