My sister had some problems during her delivery. We were all so scared when we heard that she had inverted uterus. I would like is someone could tell me more about this? How did doctors help my sister? Thanks

I am sorry to hear that your sister had complications during her delivery. I hope that she and her baby are ok. Inverted uterus is a complication during the childbirth. The uterus is inverted If the uterus turns inside out during delivery of the placenta, then it is inverted. There are some methods that can reposition the uterus immediately. It can be done manually under general anesthesia, with hydrostatic correction or with combined abdominal-vaginal correction. Manual correction under general anesthesia is usually done when the hydrostatic correction was not successful. Doctor grasps the inverted uterus and pushes it through the cervix in the direction of the umbilicus to its normal anatomic position. If there are signs of infection after the procedure, like fever, foul-smelling vaginal discharge and others, the patient is given antibiotics. Vaginal hysterectomy is needed if necrosis is suspected, but luckily, this was not a case with your sister.