hello, I was wondering if it is possible to have a D and C performed to reverse the endometrial ablation? I had one several years ago with the Rollerball method and I now am divorced with 3 children and desperately would like to have another with someone new. I have read both good and bad things about this. I realize that after the pregnancy if it occured that I would most likely have to have a hysterectomy following the birth. I was wondering too, if I did carry the fetus to term and had it C-section if a hysterectomy could be a solution to the bleeding problems that occur at the time of birth. Thanks.

I'm in the same vote as you. Have you found out any answers?

Important Information about Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation

Can I still get pregnant after an endometrial ablation? The answer is YES. A reliable method of birth control must be used to avoid this.
Here is a paragraph from the book, A Gynecologist's Second Opinion: The Questions and Answers You Need to Take Charge of Your Health by William H. Parker, M.D., with Rachel L. Parker, Contributions by Ingrid A. Rodi, M.D. and Amy E. Rosenman, M.D.

"Once the lining cells of the uterus are destroyed by the procedure, there is no place for a developing fetus to attach within the uterus. If some cells remain following an ablation, there exists the rare possibility of pregnancy occuring. If pregnancy were to occur, termination would most likely be recommended as doctors are concerned that without adequate cells lining the inside of the uterus, the placenta would grow directly into the muscle wall of the uterus and take hold like the roots of a tree. As a result, the placenta would not be able to separate at the time of delivery, and hemorrhage could occur. This procedure is not a form of birth control and another method of birth control must still be used to avoid pregnancy."

From OBGYN.net:

"Ablation does NOT provide reliable birth control, since ovulation still takes place as before, and the uterine lining may be receptive to a pregnancy. Second, pregnancy in general should not be elected after an ablation; in fact, it can be dangerous. The procedure can cause changes in the uterus that make pregnancy potentially hazardous to the mother, including possible complications such as uterine rupture and placenta accreta (a placenta that becomes "stuck" to the uterus and cannot be removed, causing potentially life-threatening bleeding). Because of the potential problems with future pregnancies, it is generally recommended that reliable birth control, including male or female sterilization, be considered in women who undergo ablations. Please discuss this further with your doctor."

Wanting to get pregnant after having endometrial ablation and looking for specialist to help/guide me through this but not sure where to begin to look for one.  Any suggestions and stories will be greatly appreciated.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I came on this site earlier, became a member but can't get in, I was trying to find a woman who said u can get medication that will rethicken the lining of the womb, she then had healthy baby at 38 wks.