HI. I’m 31 y old woman and I’m in 4th month of pregnancy. If recently had ultrasound and my doctor found that I have placenta accrete. He also told me that it was nothing serious and that it would not effect my baby but that we would have to plan birth… Is all that true?? What is placenta acrete and what can I do about it??

Dear, as you probably know, in a normal pregnancy, the placenta attaches itself to the uterine wall. In some cases, that doesn’t happen “correctly”. Case when placenta attaches itself too deeply / firmly into the wall of the uterus or nearby organs is called placenta accrete – that is probably what happens in your case. But, you don’t have to worry much because these disorders occur in about 1 in 2,500 pregnancies and in almost all cases they do not affect fetus. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to prevent it or to heal it. Moreover, you will have to plan the delivery with your doctor because it will be a surgical one.