Hi since having my first son 2 years and 6 months ago my left nipple becomes inverted from time to time and then on other occassions it is normal. I had it looked at by the doctor shortly after he was born and she didnt seem concerned but now i`ve read that an inverted nipple can be a sign of breast cancer? I was hoping that someone out there had experienced inverted nipples after pregnancy?

Hi, i had my daughter 17 weeks ago and from time to time my left nipple also gets inverted (mainly after a bath) I haven't yet been to get it checked by a doctor but it has been worrying me slightly.

Same here, also left nipple - I was told by my doctor that it is common to have breast changes after pregnancy and not to worry about it - but it does bug me...

MEDISame here. 9 week old daughter and left nipple inverts and at other times is normal. Scheduled a mammogram today just to make sure we're okay.

My #4 son is 19 mos old. I breastfed for 3 months and stopped because he never stayed focused on eating. , ever since then my right nipple has been inverted. I hate it. After reading many articles, now I'm scared. No insurance makes for no dr visit.

I have three girls and after my third who is 5months now I noticed my nipples were inverted. I never experienced this with my 2 other girls. I never breast feed with any of them, and honestly I thought the reason for the dips in my nipples was because I left the breast pads on to long and It kept the nipples moist and that's why my nipples indented. but its been bothering me so I researched. both my nipples are inverted and my right one is worse I also notice it doesn't stimulate as much as my left one. I wonder if this is normal I don't have any pain just cramps sometimes but I feel that can be do to my body still changing. Idk... now that I know I am not the only one who has inverted nipples I know that it is normal. I am definetly going to schedule a appointment just to double check. Did any of you women not breastfeed and this happen?

My left nipple has been inverted since my son was born 4 years ago. It sometimes goes back to normal but not alot. I never breast fed. Sometimes both are like that as well. It was hard to breast feed my second (7 months) and I ended up putting her on formula. I was so confused as to why they would be like that since after pregnancy...

Did u lady ever get a mammogram?

I had this exact thing happen after I had my first son, 6 years ago. I was worried for years about breast cancer. I have had multiple mammograms, breast ultrasounds, and even had a breast biopsy. My doctors have said that it just "can happen". I still get worried sometimes, but just have to remember that the body will always do new, and sometimes wierd things. It is always nice to see that we are not alone, and other moms have experienced this, so we can relate to each other :)

My left nipple became 'mostly' inverted after I had my first child, 15 years ago. It has never corrected itself. I had it looked at by a Dr about a year after I noticed. Dr said it was perfectly normal. I hate it, but it's a small price to pay considering other things that could be wrong

I had exactly the same problem my son is 5 and half years old, and my right nipple is most of the time inverted I went for mamogram and ultrasound a year later when I had noticed it and everything was normal. I still get nervous sometimes

I breastfed two daughters and then my left nipple became inverted the majority of the time. I did have it checked out twice for cancer and it is clean. Just a result of scar tissue and change around side of nipple. More common than I had realized.

Did you have the mammo in the end? All good? I am in a similar case, and I don't know what to do... :(

I breast fed a singleton 8 mths and a set of twins 12 mths five years later- all favored my left breast. I had mastitis at least once in that breast, I think twice. Five years later, now 15 years ago, my left nipple inverted about the time my second set of twins was born. One twin had a hard time latching on to it and i used some contraption to help; i breastfed them for 18 months, my OB said not to worry, i have since had three mammograms and ultrasounds and nothing presented. It will evert when cold and i can also pinch it back to normal, but it is usually inverted. Hope that helps!