Hello. I'm 55 year old female and I was just wondering does maybe anyone know something about my problem.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with one condition called polycystic ovary and few months ago I had those ovaries removed. Just the other day I was on my normal check up and doctor, using ultrasound, has determined that I suffer from some condition called prominent uterus also but that no treatment would be necessary.
I don’t know anything about this condition but I have read somewhere that people are born with it and that’s why I don’t understand how I was diagnosed with it before.
Please help!

Hello. I know some facts about your condition and I will gladly share them with you. The condition is also called retroverted uterus. You see, you were right about one thing- in most cases this is congenital disorder but women can develop it even earlier in life, in most cases- during menopause.
Laxness of the supporting pelvic ligaments associated with menopause may cause retroversion in women who previously did not have a retroverted uterus. Your doctor told you right about this, there is no need to be worried and, in most cases, no treatment is needed.
You should also know that atypical positioning of the uterus may also be caused by endometriosis, salpingitis, or pressure from a growing tumor.