Hello. I'm 24 year old female and in about two weeks I'm going be married. You see, I'm looking forward to it and already counting days.
Today, one thing has crossed my mind. You see, few years ago I have contacted my gynecologist because of several symptoms such as pelvic discomfort, constipation and menstruation disturbances.
So, after an ultrasound he told me that I suffer from some congenital condition called inverted uterus. He said that it is very common and not so dangerous condition. Now, I'm a bit worried because my husband and I are planning to have kids and I don’t know will this affect my pregnancy!

I'm a medical student and I had chance to read some stuff about this condition called uterus retroversion.
I don’t know are you familiar with the fact that the uterus is a partially mobile organ fixed in the lower pelvis at the cervix so it can move quite freely. Sometimes, more often after or during birth, uterus may turn upside down. If symptoms occur from retroversion in non-pregnant females, they are minimal like you already described them. In pregnant women it can represent a problem, especially it retroversion is present in the mid trimester of pregnancy. There are several options for pregnant woman diagnosed with this disease. First, manual manipulation of uterus into its anatomic position. If this couldn’t be performed than surgical exploration and replacement should be done.

Tipped uterus

A tilted uterus, also called a tipped uterus, is a normal anatomical variation and shouldn't interfere with a woman's ability to conceive.

In most women, the uterus tips forward on the cervix. In about 20 percent of women, however, the uterus leans backward, or tilts, on the cervix. In the past, it was thought that a tilted uterus may contribute to infertility. But it's now known that the position of the uterus doesn't affect the ability of sperm to reach an egg.

Rarely, a sharply tilted uterus may be due to disease such as endometriosis. In this case, endometriosis — not the position of the uterus — may cause infertility.

I too have an inverted uterus, I was told it is a little harder to concieve but nothing to worry about.. my doctor took blood work and wants me to come back in a month, what is he looking for and what could the blood work tell me? I have been married for almost three years and we have been trying to concieve... can this be corrected? does it need to be or is it just the way my body is made? sincerly concerned

I have a tipped uterus too & wonder if intercourse should be done in a different way in order to help the sperm travel to the ovaries... I'm trying to get pregnant & want to facilitate this in any way I can. One post I read suggested "doggy style" would be a good idea. Any ideas or suggestions??

I have a tipped uterus and I have never had any problems getting pregnant. I am pregnant with my 4th child and I have gotten pregnant quickly. My doctors have never worried about it.

I have tipped uterus it slants backward... I stood on my head after to become pregnant... thinking this might help.... but then got pregnant again by accident... so it has no bearing, however I now have a prolasped bowel..due to childbirth.... so it gets interesting..

I also have an inverted uterus and my infertility doctor said that there would not be any problem to conceive and that usually after childbirth it would correct its position, well as it turns out I did get pregnant on my own and had to problems at all.