will inverted or flat nipples cause problems for womam who breastfeeds? and what are the best non surgical methods to fix inverted or flat nipples and how long does their effect stay since they r not surgical? is there a possiblity that nipples which r inverted turn normal if the girl didnt turn 20 yet or if the girl almost reached 20? plz reply soon:)

Health Advisor
I only read once that hormonal changes in pregnancy may reverse the inverted nipples but otherwise they can be only reversed by surgery. As you probably know, these surgeries are pretty expensive and may not be payable as they may go back to the previous “look”.
The inverted nipples usually stay as they are and do not change on their own.
Breastfeeding is usually not a problem as babies usually find their way to the milk as it comes from areola.
There are also helpful techniques to help your baby latch easier but they usually may have problems only at the beginning but then they manage.
Some of the techniques used are breastshells, Hoffman technique, breast pump, breasttissue pulling back, etc but you will learn about them when the time comes.

Only surgery to reverse inverted nipples is NOT SO. I speak from experience.
Avent has a product called the Niplette that permanently reverses inverted nipples. I should know, I've had and hated my inverted nipples my whole life, yet I did have success breastfeeding 3 children.
I just didn't feel like a real woman with them, plus they were NOT sensitive. That's all changed now. This product really does work and I was the biggest skeptic. It is worth the tiny investment. 

Hi ! I have a question regarding the Niplette. Can this work for someone who is not going to be breastfeeding? I have had serious issue with my nipples for 4 years. I left a message under "Inverted Nipples with Infections" I do not want to result to yet another surgery so thought maybe this might help. I get serious infections (Mastitis I believe) with both breast. No doc has been able to help me and figure out the problem. Every biopsy comes back negative so as of now nothing is cancerous. I appriciate your response! Thanks

Hello. I'm a 29 year old male and I've lived with inverted nipples my whole life. Some folks say it's fine, and someone should like you despite that, but try living with it. So I figured that I was going to have to live with it my whole life. But I didn't want to be self conscious about something like that my whole life. Surgery would be way to expensive for me. So looking online, I read that many people share the same feelings I have about inverted nipples. Many said surgery was the surest way, but like I said, something I couldn't afford. Then some folks said getting a nipple piercing was a good way. But I definitely didn't want to do that. Not my style. But then I read about some of the successes folks was having with the Nipplette. Since it was affordable, and desperately wanted to do something about it, I decided to order it. So far, the results have been great. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and I do see improvement, with my nipple being erect without me massaging the nipple, or when it gets cold. I did have some problems with it in the beginning though. it was falling off, and I was having alot of discharge, and some bleeding, because I had to stretch beyond what it could comfortably which caused it to scab up after use. But I learned a way to keep it on comfortably without stretching like that. I noticed when the nipple was wet before I put it on, it would stay on. I'm sure you could use water, but I would just lick my fingers, and rub my saliva over my nipple to work as my "glue" to keep it on. With that, it would stay on comfortably, and the excessive discharge stopped, and the scabs healed.

Thanks to the Nipplette, I think in due time, I will have fully erect nipples which I have wanted for so long. After I would take it off, my nipples would stay erect for a good amount of time, and that's an awesome feeling. I will check back in for an update. I just wanted to write something to help someone who might be going through the same thing that there is a solution you should try. It will be interesting to see, since the directions state to do this for 3-12 weeks to correct nipple inversion, and I'm only on week 2. But just walking around in my shirt with erect nipples is a great feeling, even if it is for a few hours right now. And make sure to put either water or your saliva over the nipples to allow the Nipplette to stay on. With summer time in full swing, and a vacation in the beginning of August, I feel like for the first time, I'll be able to take my shirt off without being so self conscious about my inverted nipples. And with guys, we don't have the luxury of covering it up when we get in our swimwear, so this is so critical for us guys with inverted nipples. I'll check back in for an update on progress.

HI IM 15 I HAVE INVERTED NIPPLES BUT IM NT SURE IF THERE GROWING STILL OR NOT CKUZ IVE HAD BOOBS SINCE I WAS LIKE 10 GOT MY PERIOD WHEN I WAS 8 SO YEA IDK IT SEEM LIKE THERE STILL GROWING BECAUSE MY NIPPLES START 2 HURT DEN THE PAIN GOES AWAY THEN MY BOOBS HURT BAD DEN IT GOES AWAY AND IF LIKE I JUST GENTLY RUB MY NIPPLE DA NIPPLE POPS OUT.COULD SUM1 GIVE ME ANY ADVICE.DOES THIS JUST MEAN THEIR GROWING STILL AND MY NIPPLES SHOULDNT BE INVERTED RIGHT???[SO NOT SURE IF THAT MADE SINCE.BUT THE BEST WAY I COULD PUT IT OUT THERE LIKE THAT] :roll:

That's a good sign if you gently massage it and it comes out. Mine does not do that and it is inverted. At least yours will look good during sexual performance haha.

hey im 15 and mine are kind of inverted i think.. they arent like inside out but they dont poke out either.. anyways its totally wierd and embarassing and i was wondering how much nipplette costs and where i can get it? like i dont wanna talk to my parents about it but i could probly go get it secretly at walmart or something if its there

IN8 wrote:

Did niplette make your nipple grow bigger? im a male with inverted nipples as well.. iv got niplette and the problem is im concerned that niplette may make my nipples grow bigger like the size of the niplette. since im male my nipples are smaller than the niplette, but i have to suck the whole area to make it hold.. did you face the same problem? did your nipple grow in size or it just remained its original size although more area was pulled during niplette sucktion?

MellieMel wrote:

Melliemel, Nipplete really does work to reduce an inversion on nipples, many women use it who dont breastfeed. but I would suggest caution when using them if you get mastitis. Anything, like Nipplete, that stimulates the nipple can cause milk production, even in non breastfeeding girls, and if you are sensitive to that, could lead to mastitis. An issue I have personally struggled with. When I get the onset of mastitis I use cold cabbage leaves (which stop milk production) and followed by warm packs to stop the progress of mastitis. A real pain if you are not a mum with babies!

How can I get the nipplette to stay on!! I wear a bra all the time and it falls off or it doesn't suction right idk but I even use a nipple cream to help it stay on but does anyone have any suggestions ?!?

I'm 52 and have lived with inverted nipples all my life. I'd love the operation to correct them (even at my age) but its too expensive so I'm currently trying nipplete. I'm probably on week 7/8 now and am dissapointed with the results. Same problems as others have mentioned, loss of suction in the bra, reverting back to inverted almost as soon as the Nipplete is removed, discharge, bleeding and now a black/green discharge. I'll keep trying for a few more weeks but I dont think its going to work for me. Maybe if I'd known about this type of device when I was much younger the results might have been better and perhaps permanent.

Good luck to all of you. I know the mental anguish it causes.

hey i'm male 22. could you tell me more about the discharge you had mentioned. even I seem to be having .is it normal?

I had inverted nipple sergery 5 days ago and my nipples still look inverted. But they are very sensitive I am worried because all the pictures and video's I have watched online show that the nipple is suppose to apear right after sergery. Once my stitches disolve will this make them protrude more or is this what my nipples are going to look like? And I have severe tugging pain in my right breast when I take my bra off and let my brest relax but I feel like that is just the pulling of the stitches because it pulls then when my nipples get hard to. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks..

hi i understand what you are goin through i have the exact same problem and i am 16. it is embarssing at first however, ive recently told my boyfriend and he was totally fine with it. dont worry and if u really have a big problem then talk to ur mother personally maybe she will be able to help.