I have always hade eregular periods. I didnt get my first one untill I was about 13 and I had it for months. I dont remember exactlly how long I just remember it lasted about the whole summer. Well then I started takeing birth controll then to regulate my period but I realized it was making me gain weight so I decided to stop taking it years after. Eventually once I hit around the age of 21 my periods started to finally regulate but I was also getting cramps and moody which i had never experianced prior. Now Im 23 and for the past year I was just getting my period once every 2 months. Now Im getting it 2 times a month . Its definatlly messing me up Im really edgy and I dont know what to do about it . I have no health insurance so Im not about to go to any doctor. I dont have the money for that.Anyways it would be nice if some one had a little bit of info that I could use and relate to. Thankyou >:(

I to have irregular periods. I am 25 years olad and started my period when I was 13 as well. You have nothing to worry about. In fact as of right now I have been on my period for about 3 weeks. It's an inconvenience but is very common. I went to the doctor once because I was feeling light headed and had been on my period for 2 months. They took my blood and said that everything was fine. Of course everyone suggests that I take birth control but just like you I do not want the extra weight. The only thing that having irregular periods can do is make it difficult to ovulate and get pregnant. but with that you can see a doctor and get fertility drugs to help out with that.