Well last year I was not getting my period regularly. About every four to six months, so I went to the doctor Jan 2006 after I did not get my period for five months. I knew I was not pregnant for sure so I figured maybe it is because I stopped smoking and gained 15lbs. I went for my exam and everything came out fine except for a small yeast infection. I asked them why I was not getting my period and they said it could be stress, change in weight, etc. (alot of things) so I thought nothing of it. Now its almost a year later and I am still not getting my period regularly. I went from july to nov. 10 with no period and then I got it and it was so bad. I felt nausea, leg cramps, head ache, back pain, stomache ache, and I really felt like I could not move and sat in my room for a good two days crying on and off and wishing I wasnt a girl. My mother who is a nurse said that she used to be the same way and it is no big deal. Now its dec 19 and I have leg cramps that will not go away no matter how much motrin i take, i have lower stomache cramps, and i feel like I am getting my period but its not here and its been three days. I cant go to the doctor until next month when my mother gets the insurance back and I am worried something may be wrong with me? Does anyone have any clue? I mean I do have a lot of stress in my life and I frequently gain and lose weight but I just do not know? I would appreciate if someone could give me advice?

I was on the depo shot 9 months that's 3 shots all together I have stop taking it for 10 months now. Last month I started my period last for 1 week and now this month I started on 4 .14.07 and its 4.27.07 is that something bad?

I went to my doctor over a year ago with my menstrual period running 2 weeks late here and 3 weeks late there. I had only had 2 regular periods the entire year. I thought I may have been pregnant and had a miscarriage or something. I had been trying to get pregnant with my husband for about 1 year with no luck. My cycles were always 31 days apart fairly steadily. I explained all this to my doctor. She said my irregular cycles were probably because I was overweight or under stress but overall she basically said she didn't know. She could only put me on birth control pills. I said I was actually trying to get pregant. She is an obgyn and all she said was to go to such and such infertility clinic. I was quite upset with the lack of information and answers. It was as if she was just in a hurry to scuttle me off. I really lost faith in her.

So I started researching and buying books on alternative therapy. I read till my little eyes fell out but I found that a 5 dollar a bottle herb called vitex agnus castus can regulate your cycle and help you ovulate normally again. It is used in Germany and Europe very conventionally and has been used for the same treatment since the Roman empire and the days of Hipocrates. I took 2 capsules in the morning and 2 at night for about 3 months and tapered off to 1 a month. My cycle went back to normal within a month and half. I also take cayenne capsules which helps regulate blood flow and healthy circulation as well as keep your blood pressure low in addition to helping maintain weight. Check it out. Google cayenne and heart and vitex and irregular period or similar keywords. Do your own research. This has been working for me and I have been on it for 10 months now. I now take one vitex and 3 cayenne capsules daily with food. I hope this information helps. Best of luck to you.