i am 35 years old and always had regular periods, this month my period came twice. 10 days apart what would cause this?

I am 21 and i am not having my periods normally,
i started with my periods in yr 2000,
and since last 4 years i suffered from this problem.
My periods starts ,then after few months
they stop and sometimes they stop for 1
month or 2 and sometimes more then 3 or 4 months.
The reasons i can mention can be
a) too much of stress since last 3 months
b) pain in head occurs so often
c) and i was always a chubby person but gradually my
weight increased and it is now approx 86
i know it's too much and i do exercises to
reduce but sometimes i get pain in legs and
stomach as due to blockage of periods and my weight
reduction is not what it should be as both the
things are connected to each other
and may be my weight is increasing due
to blockage of periods..
please guide me what should i do.
I thought of visiting a gynic, i did it but she told me
reduce your weight, no problem other
then that, she didn't do
any test or something.
She just saw me and said you
are overweight that's why this
problem is occurring but noone is
understanding my problem that may
be because of blockage of periods
i am having weight gain.. please
do reply and help me out !!!

hey, i am a normal 17 yr old girl, who has been on yaz for 7 months and the only problem i have is i gained weight. until this month i have had my period for about 2 1/2 weeks and it is annoying me but also im concerned. (also i am not sexually active at the moment) i went to my doctor and i now am not taking aqutain anymore nor my birth control. i thought after a few days being off the pill it should stop... nope. i still have it, and i am concerned for my health im writing because idk if i should be concerned or not idk if its some disease or what,, if anybody know any info please write

Your over weight, do you have facial hair, on stomach, back, insulin resistance, missed periods, you might have PCOS I suggest getting another doctor. because PCOS is haRD TO DIAGNOSE ESPECIALLY IF YOUR DOCTOR DOES NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF IT. I have the same problem as you and if you dont get diagnosed early you can have trouble getting pregnant later.

hi.. i have the same problem exactly as u.. iam 21 years old.. virgin.. the period first came since 2000
i made ultrasound and C.Tfor my ovaries.. they told me i dont have PCO at all
i got abnormal facial hair.. gaining weight and cant loose it easily.. my period is irregular.. last time it came before 3 months
what can i do???
please help

Hey you need to have your thyroid checked. I grantee that is your problem. Most docs will not check. Be persistent about getting the tests done. Once you go on the meds it will take sometime before they find the right dosage and the meds can be temperamental (cant keep it in heat or humidity).