I have irregular periods( a period every 3-4 months) and I have been trying for over a year to have a child. What can I do to become pregnant? I'm thinking that I can't have any children because of my irregular periods.

Do not worry God is Good! I have irregular period too. Once I did not get my period for as long as 8 months. I never went to the doctor for my condition. I got married December 2005 and I found out in this December 2006 that I was pregnant! One year an a day after getting married! I believed that I was not going to have any kids and look what God has done. I am 18 weeks pregnant! waiting for a beautiful boy! My first child. :-D
You will have your baby...do not worry...put it in God's hands.

I too have irregular periods, from 2005-2006 I had 2 periods which were 18 months apart. I am currently 14 weeks 6 days pregnant with my #3 baby and so far everything looks healthy. I even had surgery during my pregnancy to remove a large ovarian tumor and things were good. I had given up ever having another baby over the summer, it was hard but I accepted it, then I was surprised with the news that I am pregnant in December.

There are so many reasons for these that if you want to truly try to get pregnant and they haven't been looked into I'd say have your doctor check things out. Also it might help to use the ovulation kits. some women swear by them.

First check for any hormonal imbalances (thyroid being a large one), check for ovarian cysts as well. These are some of the biggest culprits. Also evaluate your weight and make sure you are not too thin or too heavy (too much or too little weight can cause periods to be irregular).

Hope this helps.

Thank you to the Guest that said God is still Good. It gives me reasurance that eith my situation, as long as God is in control, I know He'll work it out for me and my husband. I've been married since June 2004 and have always had irregular periods since I first started my period, and I do have one 5 yr. old son. Now me and husband have been trying to have another one since our son turned 3, but nothing has happened. Ever since I had a child, my periods began to last longer than usual and have gotten worse. ow they last a good month or two and go away for a month and then come back and do the same thing. I have been praying about my situation asking God to Bless us with another child. I would also like to take suggestions from anyone who can maybe give me some advice. Just a note: I'm not able to see a Dr. right now because we don't insurance, and we don't have the cash for me to one either. Thanks. Please Help. I'll take any advice.

I have a irregular period and i been trying to get pregnant for 4yrs with my xboyfriend and now i have a new boyfriend who im about to get married to in three months in we're tryn to have a baby bt nothing is happening

I was the same way. I was with my x for 5 years and then I meet my new man and i got pregnant 11 months into our relationship. Had my son and got pregnant 5 month again. I got pregnat by taking birthcontrol wrong. I would miss more days than I took the pill. Good luck :-)

i dont have periods either. but its bekuz i was on depo but now im off and is trying to concieve is ther a chance for me to get pregnant ?

hello guys i have a problem with my irregular menstruation,
 i want to have a baby that is my dream
 i never go to the doctor to check my condition because im scared..
what will i do can u please help me for this matter, it is okay to if i used a ovulation kit..
thanks

i had 2 cyst removed i have irregular periods sense the fist year i got it,  i get it 2 times a year maybe 3 

My name is TAE012 and i am 19 yrs old i have been tryn to get pregnant with my fiance for six months now omg i really need some advise.. well my periods are very irregular ! March 30th 2012 i had a normal period it lasted all the way till April 6th.. Right after my period we had unprotected sex for a whole month of April tryn to catch what ever day i ovalate ! i was lookin foward to not having my period at the end.. come to find out i spotted April 30-May 3 it was a dark.. dark brown looking blood ... then i took a HPT.. still no sign of pregnancy! yesterday 5/10/12 i had this pure white mucus come out while me and my fiance was having sex.. that has never happened b4! now today 5/11/12 I am spotting again this time its bright red blood and its not clotty.. i dnt no what to do or think im tired of being disappointed with the HPT sayn im not pregnant evertime.. PLEASE HELP..

TAE012 im the same way as u and desapointed everyytime i have a home pregnacey test and it comes out negative!!!! hope everything works out for u

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 7 months now no luck, I always had irregular periods. I missed a period for almost 2 months I thought I was pregnant but took a test and it was negative. Last week I had a dark red almost brown discharge like spotting, Once again I took a home pregnancy test "today 9/9/2012" it is negative. I am very worried I can't have children... the only thing left to do is go get checked out, but I am scared.

hi..im joy i also had irregular period.. i got pregnant once but after i found out 2weeks after a had misscarriage ;(

that was happen last 2009..but until now were trying to had a baby but the hpt always tell it was negative,,

what are the possible cause of irregular period?can i get pregnat again after the miscarriage happen to me?

Hi. Well I'm irregular. Last year I didn't get my period for 10 months. I didn't go to the doctor because I was scared. Then I got it Jan 2012 until July 2012... I spotted in Aug & Sept but very light... Now I got a POSITIVE result!!!! Took 6 including 2 digitals in a 3 day time frame and all said pregnant!!! so I am doing bloodwork to confirm more! Keep hope and don't lose faith because I tracked my cervical mucous and look!!! I'm pregnant!!!!! 

Hey! I've never used anythin like this before but just seeking some advice really! I've been trying for a baby about a year and half now and I was on the defo injection for 2 years and no it can take a while but I've gone from having no periods due to the pill I was on and the defo to stoping the injection and after a good few month they started again they was really heavy but sorted themselfs out and become more regular to now were I've come on early last month been off for say a week and half and now on again and heavy but have blood clots now I don't no if its me just worrying but when ur trying for a baby and u see clots its not nice! Just wondering if its normal or shall I go to the doctors about this?? I've never caught before and that worrys me I am only 22 but just gets to me and I've took the advice of not thinking about it and let it happen naturally its just with my period starting again so soon has got me thinking! Thanks