Hi. I'm 21 years old, and I've been having difficulties with my periods for the past two years or so. When I first started having periods, I was always very regular and on time... at the most, I'd be a week late on occasion. They weren't abnormally heavy, painful, or anything like that. Just a couple years ago I began to have these lapses of time where I wouldn't have any periods at all... one year I went 7 months without having one, but then after that they started back up on time. I've seen a gyno about it, and they've told me it's nothing to worry about... but I'm still worrying!

Just recently (about three or four months ago) I got off the longest period gap of my life (the 7 month one). When I finally had my period it was strange... a very odd light brown color at first, which progressed to deep brown, which progressed to pink. This lasted for a good month before the actual period came. There was an abnormal amount of clotting, but I attributed that to not having one for so long... at times it felt like I was in labor because my cervix had to dilate to allow some of the clots to pass. This eventually went away, and I was fine for about two weeks.

Two weeks after that period, I had another. This one was very heavy, and lasted another month... that takes me up until this point, where I am now. I just finished that period three days ago... completely finished it. Now I'm stuck with another one, as I spontaneously started bleeding again this afternoon.

After a lifetime of having late periods or ones that arrived on time, I'm rather concerned about the length of them and the frequency as of late. Before when I used to have periods they never lasted beyond 5 days... now they seem to be going on for a month or more at a time.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know anything about the subject? I'm kind of desperate for help, and I fear the gyno is just going to send me packing again :-(

Hi. I know what your going through i first started getting periods the day after i turned 13. mine were never really normal. until i was 18. then i got pregant miscarried and then went 14 months without a period and when i got it again it was just like when i started my period when i was 13 yrs old brown mixed with pink and lasted 2 weeks. then came the hard part. because i had gone 14 months without a period my body had 14 months of stuff to clear it. i had so much cramping bleeding oh my i sweare it was so bad i had to go to the hospital they had to give my fluids. note this is comone for people with any type of anima ( low iron in the blood) just a few point lower then normal and your body goes crazy on you and too much inron does the polar oppsite on you. so its best to take prenatal vitamins they have everything you need to regulate your bodie out. avoid caffine it just makes it worse for you when you get your period and eat healthier :-) i know it sounds like your pregnant right? but its a good way to treat your bodie i have been doing it now since june of 09 my periods are now normal. i've cut back on cafine alot but still havn't stoped it all the way so my periods are still a little bit heavy but not the bad in pain. and i'm adding excirces to my list if yoou treat your bodie as if its pregnant your periods will regulate them selfs. i got the idea from my childhood friend who went throw what you are. finally she got feed up with it and looked online for hours upon hours of reserch finally she did everything i've told you now she gets her period once a month for 5 days light to moderant bleeding no pain thanks to the pregncy excirces used to prep women for labor. and she is extreamly healthy shes 21 years old and doesn't worrie about it anymore so yeah. it works its what i've been doing :-) so i know how you feel if you do everything i explained to you :-) you will be satisfid with the resaltes :-) i do not know one person that did try the "act like your pregnant" idea and not see results :-) good luck :-)

I totally am going thru the same thing you are and have no idea whats going on. I am 26 and had normal periods until I was aboiut 21 or so. But since then, I go months at a time without having a period and when I do have one, they are very light and last usually 2 days, maybe 3. About 2 weeks ago I had what for me is a normal period which lasted liek 3 days but 2 weeks after that I started bleeding ALOT, I mean ALOT like bright red soaking thru a pad in under an hour. And I am passing clots the size of golf balls, and some even as large as a small orange. And this has been going on for 8 days. If you find any information about whats going on with you please let me know cuz Im trying to figure out whats going on with me too =(.

I am 21 year old.my periods timeing is too late. m consult doctor he says for my best result when my weight loss at list 20kg.so plz told what can i do .or i have no intrested in sexual activites...

My problem is never having super big clots or anything like that but i'll go 3-7 months without one, have normal periods for a couple of months and then start skipping again. My doc said it was hormonal imbalance. Best thing to do is see your doctor. 

I guess u should go for ultrasound (sonography)

Hi im having a period for almost two weeks pero bago ko mgkaron nagkakaron ako ng 3days .ktld ngyun 29 ako ngkaron . peru bgo yan pbabang date nagkaron ako mga 3days tas ngyun my period nako almost 11days na . normally skn 5 days lng talaga e . pwede po bang mlmn kung normal lang yun ?

??? Same prblm wid me ..tht this tym its been a gap of month ...m also 21 ..discuss clearly ...

Hi am 19+ and I'm not seeing my period about two years now I was on a pill the doctor said I should use,but the pill was working and that's the only way I was seeing my period for the month.otherwise when I do use the pill I don't see it