I suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome and the worst problem is constipation. I have terrible hemorrhoids because of this. It is painful even when I sit. I know I have to take more liquids and I do, but because of the nature of my work I can do it as much as it is needed. Any suggestion?

Oh, but you have to drinking lots of water and increasing your fiber intake will help with constipation. Fiber is found in bran, bread, cereal, beans, fruits, and vegetables and many people with IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) also use a fiber supplement to add soluble fiber, often from psyllium seeds. Regular exercise can help with constipation and improve your health, but be careful about using laxatives or other over-the-counter medicines to treat yourself.

I also have IBS with constipation and have internal and external hemroids. My life is horrible I literally live day to day. I cant even hold down a job. The pain from my hemroids leaves me in bed for days. hot baths are only good if i stay in the bath. This problem has only gotten worse with each passing year. No hemroid creams work. One thing that can be a temporary fix is LACTULOSE SOLUTION which is a sugar base syrup but be forewarned that your body will adapt to it and it will take more to work properly and eventually after six month it stopped working altogether. Lactulose is not for people with diabeties.

With IBS you go back and forth between constipation and diarea. Due to the hemroids sometimes my stools are very thin and could be small and i have to pass many of these irritating the hemroids. Also with constipation and IBS you get alot of gas cramping.

here are thing I did to help me with the IBS constipation

-----first ---I cut out all milk,cheese and yogurt for 2 weeks (testing if i was lactose intolerance) results was-- much less gas for me. dont know if i am but i do know my system is better without it. being a woman I have to supplement with multi vitamin and calcium daily. I do USE SOY MILK very little only with cereal but i must say very little.

-----second----- limit red meat intake -- not more than once a week.

----thrid----- NO Cold Drinks with food --delays digestion.

-----fouth---- iNCREASE FIBER INTAKE SLOWLY -- beans, apples. figs,prunes,peaches, plums. bE AWARE THAT INCREASING FIBER MAY CAUSE YOU TO BE A BIT GASY WHICH COULD LAST TWO WEEKS--STICK WITHIT AS THE BODY BECOMES ACCUSOM TO THE FIBER THIS WILL PASS. IF IT LASTS LONGER HAVE THE GASO-SPEALIST DO BLOOD TEST TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELTICS DISEASE-(unable to digest gluten or whey)

MISSION CARB BALANCE WHOLE WHEAT BURRITO THIS IS BURRITO THAT YOU CAN PUT ANYTHING IN AND IT HAS 21 GRAMS OF FIBER ALONE IN IT. DAILY INTAKE OF FIBER SHOULD BE 30 GRAMS

Fifth-- Drink at least 4-5 bottles of water daily. No flavored water this over time could cause kidney stones. I hate water start slowly 1 or 2 is better than nothing work your way up.

sixth---elimate all stomach irritants such as mayonasie,salad dressing,carbonated soda or water, ketchup,mustard, alochol,nicitine. Coffee in the morning I still do.

Fruits---eat fruit and vegis. Do not eat fruits and vegis in the same sitting this also slows digestion wait at leat an hour in between.

I would stay away from NUTS as they are hard to digest.

All said with doing all this I went from being constipated meaning having a bowel movement once a week to going everyday or every other day. So my constipation problem is somewhat under control--but i must say the hemroids are aggrivated-- So truly whats worse? I dont know.

At this point my hemroids are prolasped and are aggrivated everytime I make a bowel movement. Constipation causes hemroids so first step in curing hemroids is to alleviate constipation. Yet im still in pain and now the hemroids bleed when i pass my daily stools--how lovely-- but im not constipated step one accomplished. Now on to step two-- hemroid surgery is not an option cause all i have read from people who had it they are worse then they were before with all the suffering. So i will continue tryin to be constipation free for now and let you know how im doing in a couple more weeks . Suggestions from the board would be great thanks for your time. Ann sorry for bad spelling am i bad

Hemorrhoids should not hurt to that extreme. Make sure you dont have an anal FISSURE. Make an appointment with a Colon & Rectal Surgeon (the modern day Proctologist). Anal fissures are treated differently than hemorrhoids.

I have the same thing, I find taking Barley Grass tablets, found in the health food stores, helps me regulate and feel better. I am medicine free for some time now because of it. Take them with food and start off with 1 a day, I increased to 2 for the best result.
Walking when constipated is also very helpful.

Ann,

I also suffer from hemorrhoids and ibs. I had never had these until I gave birth to my son almost 9 years ago. When he was 3 I booked in for surgery, and yep it was painful for the first 12 hrs, but unfortunately for me it wasn't successful. When he was 5 I went and seen a new surgeon, for my hemorrhoids, while I was their I told him about this other problem I had, and it turned out I also had gallstones, so I was preped for surgery 3 days later for the gallbladder, they ended up removing 6 stones, each 2cm in diameter, so with that fixed, I went in for the hemorrhoids to be removed, this time the surgery was 100% successful, I was only in pain for about 5hrs after wards, and I found the best place to be was sitting on a chair in the shower with the nozzle directed up my butt I never once had a problem again with hemorrhoids, and I found I also didn't suffer from ibs as often. But now I have just given birth to my daughter and I have my enemies back, the ibs is playing right up, and some days it's hard to get out of bed, last night I was so embarrassed, I was at a friends place for a bbq, and the ibs started, followed by the hemorrhoids. I will be booking back in for the surgery in 2 years time. For 6 weeks after the operation you are not allowed to do any heavy lifting, bending or straining, and the way my daughter carries on, I'd be lucky to have this surgery before she turns 16...lol. I'd suggest the surgery to anyone ( I had mine banded, not cut), before I had them removed, I barely played with my son, I was always in to much pain, I missed out on a lot of family activities ( I nearly passed out having them while a bush fire hit and we had no choice but to fight it and I could barely walk), but after I had them removed, I had a whole new life, and my son and I formed a great bond...Now I'm just willing for my daughter to hit 3 so I can play with her, and actually hold down a job.

Hello Everyone,

I know IBS is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms.
I am suffering from this disease.
Anyone can tell me about its cure.
What are the reasons of this Disease?
Can I do swimming without any problem?

Thanks.