I have heard for so many people have trouble with hemorrhoids. I wanted to hear more so I tried to find more about this problem. I found out the weakness of the veins and excessive pressure on the veins due to straining during defecation could cause person to get hemorrhoids. In some cases pregnancy and long periods of standing or sitting, and heavy lifting also causes this. Can you tell me more about hemorrhoids, because I really want to know more then this?

Hemorrhoids are common problem, representing enlarged veins in the anus or rectum that can bleed and become inflamed, causing itching or pain. Hemorrhoids may be external or internal, and both can have blood clots develop, which can be extremely painful. Internal hemorrhoids can become prolapsed through the anus and become strangulated, leading to pain. Wrong is common belief that hemorrhoids are caused by constipation. However, it appears more likely that the actual cause is the straining for bowel movements that accompanies constipation. This could explain the reason why many women have hemorrhoids appear during labor. This happens because the pushing and straining of delivery is similar in nature to that of a bowel movement. The veins of the internal anal plexus have no valves, and any maneuver that increases pressure can cause these veins to swell, becoming hemorrhoids. You have to know the best dietary preventive measure for hemorrhoids is high fiber intake. Diets rich in whole grains and vegetables, accompanied by large amounts of water, often reduce the occurrence of constipation and prevent hemorrhoids to occur.