I have suffered for years now, by steadly worsening bowel problems. It started with constipation and then I started noticing when I did have bowel movents the stool felt very heavy and sank to the bottom of the bowel. The contsapation continued and there were some periods of slight improvement. My first coloscopy revealed nothing. Over the last year all my movements have become very liquidy, almost mud like, and they sink to the bottom of the bowl. They are very painful to pass and very gassy. A 2nd colonsopy has revealed nothing and my throid has been checked and is normal. ANY ADVICE would be appreciated!

Upon hitting reply, I see your post is dated 2008, so you most likely have found an answer about your bowel problem and, if not, it's unlikely you're checking back here for an answer. Regardless, maybe this info will help someone else reading this. Your symptoms sound very much like IBS. Here's a link to reliable info about this condition: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/. If it doesn't sound like IBS to you, that website gives info on other types of digestive illnesses too. Good luck!

You are really in bad health situation and you need to find out what is going on with you. 

I believe that there are about five reasons for this - hemorrhoids, anal fissures, colon cancer, rectal cancer, constipation, etc.

You should know that stringy stool can be caused by something as simple as not getting enough fiber, so you need to pay attention on what you eat as well.

Also, you should stay focused because even chronic conditions like IBS have been known to cause it and they can be treated. 

No reasons for you to be that scared, you need to go to the doctor and leave your stool for analysis.