Hi guys , for about 6 and a half weeks i have been experiencing chest pains , im nearly 14, in march , and it all started about 6 weeks ago when i was in bed and i had a phlegm at back of my throat and I tried to swallow it down , so i did many times , and it wouldnt still go , but one time , i tried swallowing , but i couldnt , and because of that i got really fast heartbeat and i got chest discomfort , so i kept exercising and drank some water , it didnt help but eventually i went to sleep. This has happened 2 times before I think, but this time , it had a lasting effect , for about 3 weeks i had chest pain and sever dizziness and had stomach pains ( both stomach and chest pains were like stabbing pains) now i have got chest pain , it has got a bit better , sometimes its stabbing type and sometimes its shooting, it happens mainly in heart area or middle , sometimes in right but very rarely. The dizziness had gone for a week or so but has come back , if i bend down to get something etc i get really dizzy for about a minute , if i look around i get dizzy aswell , like moving my head ? It might be lightheadedness , i dont know , also it hurts to touch it , like in the left breast area , i get a pain if i touch it ? Please help me? I have asthma aswell , and i do get shortness of breath (out of breath) and i do quite a lot of a heavy chest feeling , quite a lot but it has improved , i dont really get it all the time , if i exercise then yeah. Also if i breathe in deeply using my throat (sounds wierd huh ) i can hear weezing, thats asthma . Now , if i get worried or scared or something , of course my heart beat gets fast but i get a really wierd chest discomfort? its like heavyness and painful? could it be a heart problem or something ? Ive been to see 2 diff gp's they both checked my heart rate , and they both said it sounds normal , but it never was really fast tbh,they said it could be asthma ? and one of them said it could go in about 6-8 weeks ? Im 13 , nearly 14, im overwieght , im about 11st 10lbs , 5'7 and do about an hour of mild exercise everyday! thanks!

Hi Zenny,

Its hard to say what is going on from your description. It could be some sort of upper respiratory infection, it could cause some dizziness and it may aggravate (make worse) your asthma.

I agree with your doctors. At 13 it is unusual to have heart problems.

Do you use an inhaler?

My friend's son also has this problem and he is using an inhaler. He is complaining that he has constant lightheadedness about this and I think that his mom never finds out what this was. This all started to happen when he hit his head during the football games and he already has headaches issues and respiratory issues as well. So, what this could be? She was taking him to the doctors and no one of them saw nothing. They are saying that the boy is OK and that this lightheadedness must be a result of this injury during the football. What do you think? 

I agree on that one because I have had a similar situation and I had this upper respiratory infection. I find out that and I started with the healing. A doctor prescribed an Amoxicillin for me, and it helped me. Maybe it was not serious in my case, and I am happy about it. The worse thing that was going on for me was that constant lightheadedness because I was not able to function normally, I was like a crazy, etc. I don't know why and how this is all related and why I had that lightheadedness during this situation. Is this normal? 

Thanks for the reply , and yes , I do use a brown inhaler its a brown one , its called modulite 100 i think , ive stopped using it as it didnt help me , I was thinking about heart problems because I didnt think that you could have asthma for about 6-8 weeks , and I didnt know it could cause dizziness etc.!

Hi Zenny,

Asthma can be a long term, chronic, condition. The discomfort and pain can be caused by the asthma. Sometimes your anxiety increases from asthma, from the difficulty breathing. This can cause your heart rate to increase, cause dizziness, and also give you some discomfort.

Talk to your doctor about this. Knowledge is power. Once you understand more about what is happening it'll be less anxiety provoking. Follow the directions on the inhaler.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Thank you all , and yeah It most probably is asthma , I just didnt think it was at this is all heart realted stuff , but I do get wheezy quite a bit sometimes . Just one thing , some days during these weeks , sometimes i cant swallow and then after a bit of moving i can , so i cant really swallow , also i keep getting the choking feeling , like spit or something comes back or when you talk you start to cough , could this be related to anything? Thanks!

It's hard to say without an exam. You could have something irritating your trachea. You may have an upper respiratory infection too. That could also aggravate, make worse, the asthma symptoms.

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Dan for your quick replies
And I might get another appointment but I have already had 2 with 2 diff docs and they checked heart and back with the thing they use , and they say it sounds fine,so if its not improved or gone by another 2-3 weeks i will get another appointment. Also , i have problems swallowing , i cant swallow and ive got to my head and body a bit to swallow , its like im gonna choke and i cant swallow , the food is like at the back of my throat , also i get heart palpitations (well i can feel my heart beat wierd , like heavy and you can feel it) like 1-3 a day , not everyday since ive had these problems , 6and a half weeks would be worrying , no , its some days and some not . If im busy or doing something which keeps my mind of things it doesnt hurt as much , maybe coz im not thinking about it ? Also if i breathe in , i get chest pains , or body pains on one side of the body , its both of them , not at the same time tho , thanks!

Also Dan , these things that you suggested that could be wrong with me , how long do they last ? because its nearly 7 weeks now , thanks! :-D

Anytime Zenny.

It's really hard to say without an exam. The docs will listen to your heart and lungs, that thing is a stethoscope, but did they look at your throat? Did they know you were having trouble swallowing?

What were you saying here? " i cant swallow and ive got to my head and body a bit to swallow?" What do you have to do to your head and body to swallow?

I'm not sure if the problems are related.

Dan

He didnt check my throat because it was like 3 weeks in that i had the appointment with him , and i didnt have that problem until a couple of days ago , also some days i burp and yawn kinda a lot , not yawn so much but burp , i burp loads sometimes , not all the times , and not all days , it only happens occasionsly

also i meant to say i kinda have to move to swallow , its weird but it kinda works!

OK Zenny, it's not that weird.

I'm not sure what's going on with that. Could be an infection of some kind, can't say without an exam. If it gets worse or doesn't go away in a few days then see your doctor.

Thanks , today I woke up in the morning , had a decent sleep but everytime i breathe in i get a pain in my left breast area , like in the middle of it , is that something serious ? Has happened before in this 7 week thingy , not many times tho , just a couple! , thanks!

Btw Dan , do you think I could suffer from anxiety? Because if i get worried or scared or something , my heart will obviously beat fast , but i get a really bad chest discomfort , like you have a bad chesty cough and youve been coughing all the time ? I do worry a bit in my life , not too much ? Thanks/