Good day guys. I have one very, very important question and I need answer as soon as possible. My best friend fell down from the roof while she was trying to get a small ball to her daughter. Luckily it is not that tall so she is ok now. She is not hurt that much, only thing that she hurts is her arm. But they took her in the hospital just to see are there any internal bleeding. Luckily, no internal bleeding but they found out that she has endocarditis during the examinations. And she is dealing with heart valves already. How dangerous is endocarditis for your heart valves?

Hi Couch,

Endocarditis is an inflammation of the inner lining of the heart.  It can/does involve the valves.

Likely it is related to her past history.

Her doctors should try to identify what is causing the inflammation.

Can this aggravate her existing condition?  Yes.  It does need to be taken seriously.

Hope it helps.

Hey Couch Potato,

Like Medic Dan told you already, endocarditis refers specifically to infection in the lining of the heart, but it also affects the heart valves and often affects the muscles of the heart.

There are two types of endocarditis and these are acute, it develops suddenly and may become life threatening within days, and subacute, develops gradually and subtly over a period of weeks to several months. 

This can be really dangerous for her heart valves, it can actually be a threat to her life. She needs to consult her doctor about her treatment options so that she could start treating it right away.

Hey guys,

It is very dangerous for her heart valves. 

You see, the heart valves are not supplied directly with blood. Therefore, the body's immunity response system, such as the infection fighting white blood cells, cannot directly reach the valves through the bloodstream. If bacteria begins to grow on the valves, it is very difficult to fight the infection, whether through the body's own immune system or through medications that rely on the blood system for delivery.

I believe that your best friend is in danger since she already has trouble with heart valves. She needs to start treating this as soon as possible.

Hey everyone,

I believe that she is indeed in great danger because of her condition.

A friend of mine was in the similar situation as your friend and his doctor suggested that they try to treat his condition with antibiotics. However, the bad thing about antibiotics is that you can't use them for too long because you are going to become immune to them, which isn't good at all. That's what happened to my friend, antibiotics didn't help him and he eventually became immune to them. He had to undergo surgery in order to replace his damaged valve. I'd take this really seriously if I were her.

Hey there.
That is good answer. If I can ask some questions as well. Well, my really good friend was diagnosed with this disease a couple of weeks ago. Until that day, until the day he was diagnosed with this disease no one of the doctors didn't told him what is the cause of this diagnose, what exactly is causing the inflammation. I am not so sure is this so hard to understand, to find the diagnose but my friend knows that this can be very dangerous. So I really hope that someone will be able to set his proper diagnose soon.

Hey. I am so sorry because I am not able to tell what is the proper diagnose and I am not able to tell you the history of her disease as well.

Now she is feeling fine but her doctor told her that this disease can be very dangerous if it is not treated on time. Now, they are not so sure is this disease something older or something that is new, they still trying to figure this out.

Anyway, I have heard that it can affect heart valves so I am wondering is there a cure for it? How to stop it?

Thank you for any information.

Hey there.

I hate because I need to tell you this and I really don’t want to scare you, but it is very dangerous. And when I hear that someone is diagnosed with endocarditis I am really scared. My grandmother died because she didn’t want to heal this. I was a kid and she was the first closest person that I lost in my life. They diagnosed this and she was thinking that this is nothing serious. She was living believe that medicines can’t help her, that they can only kill or even harm her. Please, tell your friend that the treatment is something that she needs to do. That is the only cure.

Like medic – dan already told you, we need to know more, we need to know about heart disease history that we can tell you more about this current condition.

But generally it can be very dangerous.

Risk factors for children and young adults include birth defect of the heart that allow blood to leak from one part of the heart to another and risk factors for adults include valve surgeries or even the translates.  

That is very serious illness and it can be potentially fatal.  

This is advice for anyone – if you notice any of those symptoms ( fever, headaches, joint and muscle pain), you need to inform your doctor about this.