I have few friends with pollen allergy. Sometimes I feel stupid when I don’t understand their problem. As I never had such a problem as pollen or any other allergy is, like anyone in my family, I don’t know anything about it. I would like to hear some thing that I am interested in. What is hay fever, does it occur only in spring, why some people are allergic while others are not?

High fever is commonly used term to specify pollen allergy, type of seasonal allergic rhinitis, or so called runny nose. Pollen grains can be dispersed into the air in the spring, but also and summer and fall, depends on the type of tree, grass or weed. For example, there is ragweed is common cause of pollen allergy reactions in the fall. Also, in the mild climates there are some plants pollinate in the winter as well. People inherit a tendency to be allergic, meaning an increased likelihood of being allergic to one or more allergens. They probably do not inherit a tendency to be allergic to any specific allergens. If parents have allergies to pollen, children are more likely to develop pollen allergy too. This is very possible even if there is only one parent that is pollen allergic. Contribute to the development of the pollen allergies is exposure to allergens at certain times when the body’s defenses are lowered or weakened. Those conditions are such as after a viral infection or during the pregnancy.