My friend swears you cannot become pregnant from your boyfriend ejaculating inside of you while you're on your period, which I do not believe to be true. I think it all depends on the particular female's cycle.

In MY case, I get my period every 28 days and though it is often very heavy due to an ovarian cyst I have, it is relatively normal. I'm not on birth control and we have unprotected sex quite often as we are in a serious, committed relationship. Regardless, we both know the consequences and are old enough to deal with the consequences responsibly. I am confused partially because some people have confirmed that you cannot get pregnant on your period if you have a regular period. Can you get pregnant if your boyfriend ejaculates inside of you a few days after your period? Mine ended three days ago, but he finished inside of me last night. The egg should not develop for a while yet though, right?

Hi Guest,

It all depends upon when you ovulate.

Normally, that would be between about days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  Day 1 is when your period starts.  If you have a 5-6 day period and have sex on day 6, there is a chance.  Sperm can survive about 5 days.

In your case, you had sex 3 days after your period ended.  You are likely on about day 8 or 9 or your cycle so yes, there is a chance if you ovulate before day 13 or 14.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Medic-Dan, So IF I were to ovulate during that same time and the egg were to become fertilized, would I even be able to conceive with an ovarian cyst? I haven't had it checked out in a year, but when I went it was really small and they said not to worry. I have not had any issues with it really, aside from minor cramping near ovulation but that is also a normal symptom of ovulation. Therefore, I do not necessarily think that the cyst is even there anymore, but could that prevent pregnancy from occurring? Thanks for your help :)

yes it is..it is called pree ejackulation.and ever man dose it...sorry for the spelling

Ovarian cysts are fairly common.

It is unlikely that a cyst would prevent you from getting pregnant. If the egg is released, and becomes fertilized, you are pregnant once it implants.