Looking at several forums I am curious if I am pregnant myself. I had unprotected sex during my period and took Plan B just to be safe. Traveling across the world I had unprotected sex but I was on my period again due to Plan B. This period started roughly around the 23rd of Decemeber. I did not take any type of EC after the unprotected intercourse thinking that the period would cleanse my "below deck" also the guy did not ejaculate inside me either; nonetheless could I be pregnant because I had unprotected sex during my period even after I took Plan B?

P.S. My period has not arrived yet. And yes yes I know I cannot control my hormones. I will be taking the pill next month knowing that I am not pregnant. I am nervous to take a test. =S

I too was wondering this, but in a different situation without the plan B.

After doing some research online, i've found that your period generally comes between 12-18 (using very loose estimations) after ovulation. This is called your Luteal Phase. So if you generally have a regular period.. let's say.. 28 days to be easy. You will ovulate somewhere between days 10 and 16 of your cycle.

Therefore if your bleeding time lasts for about 7 days and you have unprotected sex, there is a SMALL possibility that the sperm will survive long enough for the egg to drop down and become fertilized.

But could it be that I ovulated twice in a month? Because I got my period before I took Plan B and a week later I got my period again. The effects of Plan B? How long does Plan B even last for? I heard it lasts like 2 days max. =S This makes me quite nervous still.

Thank you though xsboredom your reply has definitely made me a bit more confident that I am not. =)

I'm not sure on the specifics as i havent really done much reading on plan b, but i do know that it's a massive amount of hormones so it can throw your period out of whack. I have read that after taking plan b, you will get something like your period after a few days (in your case a week).

oops, also traveling can also throw your body out of whack

Shall I just wait till my period comes then? Because it should have come now. My breasts aren't tender or soft either so I don't feel any symptoms of pre-pregnancy so I guess thats a positive right?

taking a test might make you feel better, or you can juts go to a doctor and have them check for you.

have you looked into birthcontrol?

Yes I have, I will take it next month I just want to be sure I am not pregnant first.
And well when should I take the test?

are you normally regular? you can take a test now probably, but i would give it another week or two

Actually the month before I was regular but in October was when the condom broke but he did not ejaculate inside and I took Plan B as well for as a precaution. So I would say I am somewhat regular?

i say just give it another week or two and get yourself a hpt.

Also what do you think my chances of being pregnant are?

your chances are very low. unless you have a very short cycle.

Nothing has come up yet but my breasts are feeling a bit sore... like usual in my regular cycle.

xsboredom - nothing has come yet and I'm getting extremely worried... when is the best time to take the hpt?