I am ready to have my first child and have been trying for about 6 months now. I am just wondering of some ideas or anything that anyone could help me with on how to get pregnant. Thank you for any advice :-D

Plot when you ovulate.

Have sex about 5 days prior to ovulation and until about 2 days after. Sperm can remain viable up to about 5 days. The egg is only viable about 48 hours after ovulation.

Good luck!

How would I figure out when I am ovulating?

And the 2 days after I ovulate is it not good to continue to have sex after that? Or should ther be a period when I wait?

Thank you for you help

Hi Niki,

If you look on line you should find some ovulation calculators. If you have a 28 day cycle you probably ovulate between about day 11-16. It should be close enough.

After about 2 days past ovulation the egg isn't viable, able to be fertilized. Take a break.

My periods have always been iregular and all ovulation calanders i have found go by a 28 day cycle.

I have tryed the tests you take at home to predict ovulation but im starting to think they dont work.

Thank you for the help.

I use the "My Days" application for android phones, it tracks your period, cycle, ovulation days, when you have sex, and it adjusts your cycle based on when you input your period every month.  So it can determine if your cycle is 28 days or 26 days (or whatever) and you can have a better idea of when you are ovulating.