Hello, folks. My girlfriend is constantly taking vitamin pills since she is often ill. I would like to add that she has balanced diet and I think that she doesn't have any vitamin deficiency. I would like to know whether it is possible to get vitamin toxicity from these pills. I would really appreciate your advices.

Hi, there. It is a common opinion that if the diet is balanced, there is no need for vitamin supplement pills. It is only an exception with folic acid during pregnancy. People often take large doses of vitamins, more above daily needed doses. Those doses are often called megadoses. Complications are especially severe with vitamin D, A and B6. When vitamin C is about, some researchers say that vitamin C megadoses may protect from cancer. On the other hand, other researches show that megadoses of vitamin C can cause cancer! I would suggest your girlfriend to visit a doctor or other specialist to consult about taking vitamins. Taking vitamin pills without a control isn't harmless. Good luck!