Hello, folks. I have read something about orthomolecular medicine and I am not sure that I quite understand what it is all about. I was hoping to get some info here. Is this possible? Are there any vitamin supplements used in this discipline? I will really appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Orthomolecular medicine is an alternative and complementary medical discipline. It only uses substances that are natural for the body. In another words, these substances are already used by your body. Orthomolecular medicine began dealing with mental illnesses. It is quite new discipline called orthomolecular psychiatry. Megavitamin therapies are part of orthomolecular medicine. For instance, vitamin C megadosage is already known among people. I hope this helps. Good luck with all!

Hi, guys. I have also read something about orthomolecular medicine. It focuses on individual nutritional needs. It uses both diet and nutrient supplements to restore nutritional balance. Vitamin supplements are also used here. It corrects the balance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids in the body. Megavitamin therapy uses huge doses of vitamins to cure and restore balance. Some experts even claim that high doses of vitamins can cure or prevent cancer. I hope this will help. Bye!

Hi, guys. I think that orthomolecular medicine may work. The main problem for the therapist is to find the optimum level of nutrients in order to cure the disease and restore health. Vitamin supplements are used here. However, this is not enough. The first step is to remove junk food from your diet. It is also important to exclude refined sugar, caffeine and food with high amounts of additives. The basic of this treatment is food balanced in carbohydrates, proteins and fats. I hope this was helpful. Bye!